GPS upgrade

tbently

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Living in Houston, they constantly build roads, add lanes change direction, etc. My 2015 Genesis had me miss a turn that took me 30 minutes to correct due to standstill traffic @ 5 PM. How does one go about upgrading the GPS? Thanks

tbently

Registered Member
Houston, TX
that link sent me to a place to buy the domain name which is for sale!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

tbently

Registered Member
Houston, TX
I spoke with my service writer that I have had since 2009 and he also stated where to go and the cost is the same as stated in this thread BUT he reminded me that I may notice little or no changes. However, he said by going to Applecarplay app for $70 I would be able to download waze which would would then come up on the navigation screen!!! Also, apps like waze are updated much more frequently and give better info which is current than the one programed into the car. He also said that the auto industry will be phasing out the factory navigation in favor of the apps like waze, etc.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wish the G70 would have used the wireless AndroidAuto. I mean, the G70, has wireless charging....

So far I've only seen wireless AA in aftermarket head units. One day....

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I would LOVE to program WAZE into the car! I think Lincoln uses that.
Apple Car Play works with Waze and either Google Maps or Maps. In order to work, the phone has to be connected via the forward USB port. Doesn't work with the USB port in the center storage area. The main thing I don't like about it is the screen can't be enlarged to sweep out to see the big picture. Other than that, it works fine and I like the display better than the built-in factory GPS.