• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Great Customer Service (so far)

wallslo

Hasn't posted much yet...
Good News: Had my 2012 Equus picked up from work and taken for my 7500 mile service. (only have 6,500 miles so far)They dropped off a nice Genesis and stated my car would be ready by 4 pm.

Not so nice news: Got a call that they found metal shavings in the oil pan and a minimum amount of oil. The next comment knocked me out of my chair. I need a new engine!!

After the shock and the realization that I dont want a car with a replaced engine after spending a lot of $$ to buy the car, I then went to the dealership. I saw the oil with the shavings and realized that I should ask to have my car replaced.

OK News so far: I then called the 800 Equus customer service # and explained the situation. I was told that they would call the dealership and then send my situation up to the Regional department. Within, 30 minutes, I got a call back from the representative with a case # and that I would be contacted in 3 days with how they wanted to move forward.

I realize that weird stuff can happen with new cars but this was really weird. Take a car in for an oil change, a car that drives great, great electronics and fun to drive, and then be told you need a new engine!! I only thought that could happen with my old BMW 750IL!!

I can say that everyone at Hyundai that I have dealt with so far has been very helpful and polite. Lets hope that continues as I don't want to have my car repaired, just give me a new one.

bmbutler

Been here awhile...
I would call it great service if you get what you want. Hyundai though is not known for that without putting up a fight.

DRS

Banned
I know this is a older original post... I bet this was a TAU 5.0. Several (too many) reports over in the Genesis R-Spec and 5.0 owners where the engine is sucking a quart of oil every 500-1500 miles. And no gauge notification of low oil where 2-4 quarts low well within oil change interval.

They also have has some resistance from dealers (who I get the impression are not at Lexus level, but instead used to arguing with customers of $12k beaters. And so far, no replacement of engines or help.

Uhmmm do we smell a trend? Maybe a group of the 2012 5.0 TAU production has a issue with oil loss.

DRS

Banned
And given it holds 7.2 quarts, if this owner above has a 1k or less mile per quart loss, I could see the burned up engine here in 6.5k miles.

wallslo

Hasn't posted much yet...
end of the story:

they replaced the engine and gave me $3,000.00 for the trouble. Car has been running great