Great Customer Service (so far)

wallslo

Hasn't posted much yet...
Good News: Had my 2012 Equus picked up from work and taken for my 7500 mile service. (only have 6,500 miles so far)They dropped off a nice Genesis and stated my car would be ready by 4 pm.

Not so nice news: Got a call that they found metal shavings in the oil pan and a minimum amount of oil. The next comment knocked me out of my chair. I need a new engine!!

After the shock and the realization that I dont want a car with a replaced engine after spending a lot of $$ to buy the car, I then went to the dealership. I saw the oil with the shavings and realized that I should ask to have my car replaced.

OK News so far: I then called the 800 Equus customer service # and explained the situation. I was told that they would call the dealership and then send my situation up to the Regional department. Within, 30 minutes, I got a call back from the representative with a case # and that I would be contacted in 3 days with how they wanted to move forward.

I realize that weird stuff can happen with new cars but this was really weird. Take a car in for an oil change, a car that drives great, great electronics and fun to drive, and then be told you need a new engine!! I only thought that could happen with my old BMW 750IL!!

I can say that everyone at Hyundai that I have dealt with so far has been very helpful and polite. Lets hope that continues as I don't want to have my car repaired, just give me a new one.

bmbutler

Been here awhile...
I would call it great service if you get what you want. Hyundai though is not known for that without putting up a fight.

DRS

Banned
I know this is a older original post... I bet this was a TAU 5.0. Several (too many) reports over in the Genesis R-Spec and 5.0 owners where the engine is sucking a quart of oil every 500-1500 miles. And no gauge notification of low oil where 2-4 quarts low well within oil change interval.

They also have has some resistance from dealers (who I get the impression are not at Lexus level, but instead used to arguing with customers of $12k beaters. And so far, no replacement of engines or help.

Uhmmm do we smell a trend? Maybe a group of the 2012 5.0 TAU production has a issue with oil loss.

DRS

Banned
And given it holds 7.2 quarts, if this owner above has a 1k or less mile per quart loss, I could see the burned up engine here in 6.5k miles.

wallslo

Hasn't posted much yet...
end of the story:

they replaced the engine and gave me $3,000.00 for the trouble. Car has been running great

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.