• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Greetings

RJFSr

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hi all... just acquired a 2016 G80 Tech Certified. I traded in a Cadillac CTS4 which I only kept because it was a pretty vehicle. It really didn’t do things well. Before the Caddi was a 330 BMW XI, and before that a E300 Mercedes. Those last two cars set the bar that I couldn’t experience with the Cadillac, even when I spent $$ trying to bring the Caddi up to par. Last expense was $1000 for all LED fog lights & LED headlights. Bi-xenon are still better especially if they turn into a corner as the BMW did. By the way: the Caddi expense was added to because you have to take the bumper off to change the headlight bulbs. Talk about un-needed expenses.

The Genesis has equaled the driving pleasures once again.
I look forward to many years with it.

Richard

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi all... just acquired a 2016 G80 Tech Certified. I traded in a Cadillac CTS4 which I only kept because it was a pretty vehicle. It really didn’t do things well. Before the Caddi was a 330 BMW XI, and before that a E300 Mercedes. Those last two cars set the bar that I couldn’t experience with the Cadillac, even when I spent $$ trying to bring the Caddi up to par. Last expense was $1000 for all LED fog lights & LED headlights. Bi-xenon are still better especially if they turn into a corner as the BMW did. By the way: the Caddi expense was added to because you have to take the bumper off to change the headlight bulbs. Talk about un-needed expenses.

The Genesis has equaled the driving pleasures once again.
I look forward to many years with it.

Richard
Good luck with the new car. Just remember that CPO gives you the better warranty, however it doesn’t mean that the dealer inspected it fully for problems before selling it to you. In other words, keep an eye on it and get any problems fixed pronto.

RJFSr

Genesis Model Type
Will do, Thanks! Already have small gripes that sales guy is working on.
Also, I went with the extended warranty- !0 yr/120k mi. Has 32k now, so I hope it keeps me covered. Plenty of gadgets to go wrong, and $$ spent on last few cars repairs proves this warranty's cost can be easier on the wallet.

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Will do, Thanks! Already have small gripes that sales guy is working on.
Also, I went with the extended warranty- !0 yr/120k mi. Has 32k now, so I hope it keeps me covered. Plenty of gadgets to go wrong, and $$ spent on last few cars repairs proves this warranty's cost can be easier on the wallet.
Smart move.

RJFSr

Genesis Model Type
Good luck with the new car. Just remember that CPO gives you the better warranty, however it doesn’t mean that the dealer inspected it fully for problems before selling it to you. In other words, keep an eye on it and get any problems fixed pronto.
I took a few liberties to see if the “163 point checklist” was followed. Disclosure: car was brought to my dealership from where I saw it listed as CPO so these problem were not my dealership’s doing. Vehicle has 32k miles.
- Finding a divot on a tire sidewall was pointed out by me. Tire replaced with like brand.
- I removed cabin air filter and found:
1569963308492.jpeg
My sales guy got me a new replacement.
Doesn’t bode well for other dealer’s mechanics if they can’t do this right!
- got a squeak from dash or sunroof area. Line item on road test to check for them as part of CPO.
My sales guy set up an appointment for me to get that checked out.
- NO Owners Manuals! My guy getting me a set.
- All retainers missing from under engine to front bumper pan. ? Anybody look under this car? My guy taking care of it.

Like you said...
Thanks again

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
The whole point is that CPO vehicles, contrary to popular opinion, are not fully inspected prior to sale.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The whole point is that CPO vehicles, contrary to popular opinion, are not fully inspected prior to sale.
That's correct. I would say that more than half of the time (depending on brand) those CPO cars are not inspected at all or at the most they only check tires, oil stick, water and brake fluid reservoirs, that's it. This is one of the modern scams done by dealers.

RJFSr

Genesis Model Type
That's correct. I would say that more than half of the time (depending on brand) those CPO cars are not inspected at all or at the most they only check tires, oil stick, water and brake fluid reservoirs, that's it. This is one of the modern scams done by dealers.
Right! My godson just bought a 2016 G80 in Arizona and it had different tires front and rear. CPO inspection says tires must match.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums