thirty1sag

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hey there fellow members. I have read numerous threads on this forum trying to locate if anyone else is experiencing the same issue I have with my 4.6

The problem is, when I put the car in drive and start to accelerate, there is a rumble sorta gurgling type sound at low rpms, then it suddenly goes away after at 2k rpm. It does this EVERY TIME I start to accelerate. My father and I were convinced it may have something to do with the exhaust. So i go get the car lifted and have the guys check out my exhaust. No leaks, no hole in pipes or muffler or CAT no rust anything.

I bought the car this year. 2011 4.6 with 42k miles on it now.
There are no lights in the dash and the transmission works great. The car is awesome no complaints besides this sound which I know is not normal

Fresh oil when bought, fuel cleaner and everything. New air filter and made sure the air filter box is clean and clear of debris and the box shuts completely close.

I believe the car still has a warranty on the powertrain for 3 more years or 100k miles, but 3 years will not have 100k on the car

Anyone insight would be helpful.

Just trying to see if I can solve the problem before taking to dealership.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I can't guarantee that we're talking about the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I had a similar thing that used to happen to my 2010 w/ the 4.6. It seemed like an exhaust pipe shaking in it's hanger once in a while during acceleration. I never did find the cause, though.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey there fellow members. I have read numerous threads on this forum trying to locate if anyone else is experiencing the same issue I have with my 4.6

The problem is, when I put the car in drive and start to accelerate, there is a rumble sorta gurgling type sound at low rpms, then it suddenly goes away after at 2k rpm. It does this EVERY TIME I start to accelerate. My father and I were convinced it may have something to do with the exhaust. So i go get the car lifted and have the guys check out my exhaust. No leaks, no hole in pipes or muffler or CAT no rust anything.

I bought the car this year. 2011 4.6 with 42k miles on it now.
There are no lights in the dash and the transmission works great. The car is awesome no complaints besides this sound which I know is not normal

Fresh oil when bought, fuel cleaner and everything. New air filter and made sure the air filter box is clean and clear of debris and the box shuts completely close.

I believe the car still has a warranty on the powertrain for 3 more years or 100k miles, but 3 years will not have 100k on the car

Anyone insight would be helpful.

Just trying to see if I can solve the problem before taking to dealership.

The car is not CPO so the warranty has expired, unfortunately. A video so we can hear what is going on will give us the best possible way to diagnose it. An OBDII reader may pull codes that have been stored or something that does not warrant a dash light.

thirty1sag

Genesis Model Type
I can't guarantee that we're talking about the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I had a similar thing that used to happen to my 2010 w/ the 4.6. It seemed like an exhaust pipe shaking in it's hanger once in a while during acceleration. I never did find the cause, though.
That's odd. The sound is just weird. but it def is causing the car to burn a lot of gas and hesitation on acceleration sometimes

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Well my first thought upon reading your first post was to tell you to check the driveline for loose CV/u-joints and/or pinion angle vibration.

But you say now that you have poor fuel economy (like under 10 poor??) and hesitation upon acceleration, so I'd look for fuel/spark issues: Injectors, coils, plugs. Maybe even compression. Try changing to top tier premium fuel for a couple tanks and see if it makes a difference.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums