• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

GV60 impressions

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
A thread for those of us who have received our vehicles to share our thoughts. I've posted a little in other threads already, so just to add to my prior comments:

• The crystal sphere and Genesis logo puddle light look very neat in the dark.
  • The massage seat is pretty nice, but the butt massage takes a little getting used to. :)
  • Eco mode is fine on the highway but almost dangerously sluggish around town
Also, can anyone tell me what the heck this is?
There is a piece separating the wireless charger and center console storage bin. When removed, it opens up a small space between the two. Looking at the insert, it looks as if one of the sides pivots, but nothing seems to move within it.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 68
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 67
  • insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 68

mc137

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A thread for those of us who have received our vehicles to share our thoughts. I've posted a little in other threads already, so just to add to my prior comments:

• The massage seat is pretty nice, but the butt massage takes a little getting used to. :)
There is a piece separating the wireless charger and center console storage bin. When removed, it opens up a small space between the two. Looking at the insert, it looks as if one of the sides pivots, but nothing seems to move within it.
Optional smoke screen and rocket launcher? (Not available in initial GV60s because of supply chain issues).

azurecardinal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

This is what your phone seats in during wireless charging. It applies pressure towards the wireless charger so that your phone doesn't tip towards the other side and stop charging. It's removable so that you can clean it.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
This is what your phone seats in during wireless charging. It applies pressure towards the wireless charger so that your phone doesn't tip towards the other side and stop charging. It's removable so that you can clean it.
Thanks. Removal for cleaning makes sense, I suppose.
The piece is much more elaborate than it needs to be to simply act as a wall. I was wondering whether there was more to it.

Some more thoughts in the GV60 from the last couple of days:

• The wheels in the Perf. have a tonne of nooks and crannies. They take some effort to keep clean as there are a lot of surfaces to wipe down.
  • The rear spoiler is gloss black plastic, and looks like it would scratch easily. I may get some Xpel put on the deck.
  • I‘ve been using the facial recognition much more than I thought I would. It’s nice to be able to just walk into the garage when I need to get into the car for whatever reason - rather than having to grab the key before doing so. If I’m ever driving, I have my wallet and keys with me, so facial recognition is unnecessary - and the door handle presentation with the key is much faster and neater.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
I just returned from a road trip where I put over 1000km on the GV60. A few more thoughts from my time in the car:

• I'm using the HUD much more than I did the one in my prior vehicle. This one has much more info shown, is better positioned.
  • Rearward visibility isn't great. The driver's side B-pillar is inconveniently located, and the small rear window results in a pretty narrow view behind. The car has exposed some poor shoulder-check habits I've developed. In my last car, with a nice view out the rear and well-positioned side mirrors I could get by without much of a head turn. Not here. The camera display on turn signal activation is a fantastic feature and makes up for it.
  • The ride is incredibly silent. Though, if you get up to high speeds the wind noise does overcome the ANC.
  • I saw the 'Electronics' draw in the car range from ~300 to ~500W. I could barely get it below 300W, and it seemed to somewhat correlate to engine draw. I thought this was a little high, but I suppose it may not be if the total is for ALL 12V electronics, including engine management, etc.
  • It seems that what is reported for 'Climate' draw is just heat and AC. The fan registers as electrical draw.

MovingOn

Registered Member
I saw one in person today and it seemed very small and as low to the ground as a car. havent test driven yet though. Am I right, or is my perspective skewed? I drive a decent sized SUV now. Mostly concerned with sitting low. Was pretty bummed when I saw it.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
I suppose it’s a matter of perspective. I’m coming from a decade of driving sedans, to me the GV60 is very wide, short, but definitely not low as a sedan. Just yesterday, I was walking to the car after getting some groceries when I noticed it from across the lot and thought that I’d love for the gaps in the wheel wells to be gone.

MovingOn

Registered Member
I suppose it’s a matter of perspective. I’m coming from a decade of driving sedans, to me the GV60 is very wide, short, but definitely not low as a sedan. Just yesterday, I was walking to the car after getting some groceries when I noticed it from across the lot and thought that I’d love for the gaps in the wheel wells to be gone.
Thanks for that. I guess I will get a better sense when I drive it. It’s just me in the car 95% of the time, so small is fine. It will be all about the height. The interior looked very nice

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dan H

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
I test drove the Performance with these polarized glasses and I couldn’t see it at all. I actually brought the sales guy into the car to ask if it was broken haha. What glasses are you wearing?
Works with my Maui Jims and Ray Ban Aviators. On our BMW it's difficult to see the HUD at all when wearing polarized sunglasses.

Coolcanuck1

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I saw one in person today and it seemed very small and as low to the ground as a car. havent test driven yet though. Am I right, or is my perspective skewed? I drive a decent sized SUV now. Mostly concerned with sitting low. Was pretty bummed when I saw it.
I drive Audi Q5 now and took the GV60 out yesterday. My son & I are 6’1-6’2” Lots of head space up front, unless you are much higher it’s not a problem. Backseats, not so good for tall people. Headspace is compromised by sloping roof. With both front seats back seating is tight for tall people, would not be comfy for long trips but under 6’ would be fine. Rear seats do move back. Seating is extremely comfortable. Much better than Tesla.

I’d say GV60 height was higher than normal car, not quite as SUV but putting the GV60 beside the GV70 would be good test.

Visibility was great out front. Did not like rear visibility ( window is small and there is black horizontal bar goes across lower portion) but there are lots of tech features to alleviate this to some degree. Ie: with turn signals on, you can see on dash what is behind you in your turning lane which helps. Plus of course Kane assist, blind spot monitoring etc.

I like the GV70 and the electrified version that is out in Australia now (reviews are great) but dealer said it will be next year before we see it. Plus cost will be further 20k higher.

I really was impressed with the GV60 after test drive but still not sold whether to proceed with order or wait for GV70

cloudy

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I got my GV60 performance model yesterday.

Pros: Quiet, can listen to classical piano music. HUD = very nice. Good acceleration at city street speeds and up to highway speed, OK acceleration once at highway speed.

Cons: a little more body lean than I'd like. The navigation system does not seem to know the speed limit for a lot of roads and just leaves dashes --- where the speed limit should go. One weird quirk: when you accelerate hard then take your foot off the accelerator, it actually keeps accelerating for about 1/4 to 1/3 of a second - the response when you step on the accelerator is instant, but after taking your foot off the accelerator there is a brief lag before the car stops accelerating - which feels really strange and could be dangerous.

Dan H

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
I got my GV60 performance model yesterday.

Pros: Quiet, can listen to classical piano music. HUD = very nice. Good acceleration at city street speeds and up to highway speed, OK acceleration once at highway speed.

Cons: a little more body lean than I'd like. The navigation system does not seem to know the speed limit for a lot of roads and just leaves dashes --- where the speed limit should go. One weird quirk: when you accelerate hard then take your foot off the accelerator, it actually keeps accelerating for about 1/4 to 1/3 of a second - the response when you step on the accelerator is instant, but after taking your foot off the accelerator there is a brief lag before the car stops accelerating - which feels really strange and could be dangerous.
Agree with everything you said, except I think highway acceleration is strong. You don't think the 60-100 time is exceptional especially given there's no waiting for turbochargers to spool up or a transmission to downshift?

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
The acceleration of the GV60 is something else. ~2 years ago, I drove a car with 100 more HP and torque, which weighed 500 lbs less than the GV60, and I find the acceleration now more startling.
It’s for the reasons you mention. In the other car, you had a second to get ready, as the engine downshifted and RPM built. Now it’s all immediate.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Have any owners figured out how to close the windows via key fob? The owner’s manual says to hold the lock or unlock buttons for >3 seconds to close/open windows, but I’ve only been able to get it to open in this fashion.
Anyone have some advice?

Jamas

Genesis Model Year
Have any owners figured out how to close the windows via key fob? The owner’s manual says to hold the lock or unlock buttons for >3 seconds to close/open windows, but I’ve only been able to get it to open in this fashion.
Anyone have some advice?
I was told by the dealer that closing the windows via the key fob is disabled in the US due to safety concerns. Opening, however, is allowed.