GV70 Aftermarket Products Master List

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Got my JB4 Tuner in and a MUST have addition. Finally the 3.5TT is starting to come to life. Just need my exhaust and a good filter (BMC or AFE is what I am hoping for). They are still working to get the rest of the JB4 integrated (boost is controlled now they are still working on all communication with the CANBUS to get full control of everything with the car but will have a free firmware update the second they do for it).

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Got my JB4 Tuner in and a MUST have addition. Finally the 3.5TT is starting to come to life. Just need my exhaust and a good filter (BMC or AFE is what I am hoping for). They are still working to get the rest of the JB4 integrated (boost is controlled now they are still working on all communication with the CANBUS to get full control of everything with the car but will have a free firmware update the second they do for it).
What does Genesis say when ya need warranty work?

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
My dealer (the manager) said he isn't worried about it that he knows I know what I'm doing with cars (I build a lot of custom cars and a lot of folks around here know me and my cars). I'm also friends with the owner of the dealership and the owners daughter so that's always a plus for me lol.

That being said, you can remove the entire thing with zero trace in a matter of minutes so they will never know if you don't want them to. Even if it was on unless they can prove it directly caused the problem you have then it doesn't matter.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My dealer (the manager) said he isn't worried about it that he knows I know what I'm doing with cars (I build a lot of custom cars and a lot of folks around here know me and my cars). I'm also friends with the owner of the dealership and the owners daughter so that's always a plus for me lol.

That being said, you can remove the entire thing with zero trace in a matter of minutes so they will never know if you don't want them to. Even if it was on unless they can prove it directly caused the problem you have then it doesn't matter.
Ya. I don't know my dealer or have the mechanical ability to put that on and pull it off for service. Your well set for this. Me ..not so much.

John Baxter

Getting familiar with the group...
....you can remove the entire thing with zero trace in a matter of minutes so they will never know if you don't want them to.

and thats the key i think.... you can take it off in less than 10mins... so they will never know it was even on there. (y)

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts

I’m very interested in the tune. Before I risk losing warranty…I would like to see a how to video on installation/removal. Has one been released?
When you remove it, for whatever reason, then reinstall it, do you have to reprogram settings or is it stored in memory?

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
and thats the key i think.... you can take it off in less than 10mins... so they will never know it was even on there. (y)
I'm not sure that it's so cut-and-dried.

Genesis (and others) are now actively uploading telemetry data to analyze for various purposes - including learning your driving characteristics. Data actually gives away more than you might think, and the way organizations can piece it together can provide a highly accurate profile.

I'm not saying they're doing it, but the tech is in place to start to identify patterns and car responses that wouldn't be available in a stock configuration. I'd like to think they will use the data to continue to refine capabilities vs. common driving scenarios. I don't think they have incentive to use it against us, but I think they could (or could in the near future).

Nit-picking here and wouldn't be terribly worried, but I'm not quite willing to say it can be removed without a trace.

Different, but speaking of tech enablement and futures...

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Ya. I don't know my dealer or have the mechanical ability to put that on and pull it off for service. Your well set for this. Me ..not so much.
You can for sure install this and remove it I promise. It's super simple. Plug and play and 3M double stick tape for the box.

Settings are all stored in the JB4 so easy to revert to stock and plug it back up and then select what program you want again.

I can make an install video and post it up. Super easy to do! They have a thread on the JB4 forums for it he just started with a few pics I will link up.

and tb3573, you are right about that. If they wanted they can look at data and tell things changed by the numbers but your average dealer does not have the capability to really analyze any of that. Corporate could for sure for data logging and all

Mattando

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You can for sure install this and remove it I promise. It's super simple. Plug and play and 3M double stick tape for the box.

Settings are all stored in the JB4 so easy to revert to stock and plug it back up and then select what program you want again.

I can make an install video and post it up. Super easy to do! They have a thread on the JB4 forums for it he just started with a few pics I will link up.

and tb3573, you are right about that. If they wanted they can look at data and tell things changed by the numbers but your average dealer does not have the capability to really analyze any of that. Corporate could for sure for data logging and all
Most dealers struggle with replacing an oil filter without it leaking so not sure they would know how to track this.

BluGV70

Registered Member
30A Gulf Coast FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Some performance/aesthetic options I'm thinking about..

Wing emblem on the rear for sure.. thanks LQQK for the pics and tips!

JB4 for sure.. had one on my GLC Coupe and I like the ability to switch Maps from stock to punching it up to 93 octane.. don't mess with Ethanol and fancy mixes. I'm curious how much hp and umph you get now without the CANbus.. may wait a minute, but will probably give in and pull the trigger anyway.

Tires/spacers.. need some help here and thoughts.. thanks for the posts on the spacers, never used them before. I was looking at a slightly wider tire for the rear, similar to my GLC and other sport SUVs. I saw where DogtorM posted about 265s fitting stock Prestige rims. It's obviously not much different stock 255s. .would have to change to a different tire too. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s come in 255 (front) and 265 (rear). I like the rims and not looking to change. Would you still use spacers? Pros/Cons?

QTP cutouts - again like the ability to go back to stock sound

Tint will be on next week. And just found a local detailer that does Gtechniq ceramic.

Air filter?? Always torn on this.. Had BMC on the GLC.. not convinced it makes a difference, but hell, I'll probably do this too just because

Calipers - Love the look of painted calipers and the front one would good I think.. the rear? wish it was a full (?) better looking caliper. Painting the rear will only make it stand out more.. just paint the front? Professionally painted that is, not rattle can.

Probably overkill and some will say much of this is a waste of money, but that's cool.. it's my $ and I like to play with my cars.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Probably overkill and some will say much of this is a waste of money, but that's cool.. it's my $ and I like to play with my cars.
Same here. I like opinions but once I make up my mind it doesn't matter what others think. I always play/mod all my vehicles.

xtrm3d

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
@

DogtorM

could you please eventually tell us how you did get the cable from the ODB port to the engine bay ?

i got my jb4 today and plan to install it next week on my 3.5TT gv70

used to have one on my audi s5.. and could route it trough the door seam then under the hood ...

my gv70 is build super tight .. no gape :)

Etex

Registered Member
@

DogtorM

could you please eventually tell us how you did get the cable from the ODB port to the engine bay ?​

i got my jb4 today and plan to install it next week on my 3.5TT gv70​

used to have one on my audi s5.. and could route it trough the door seam then under the hood ...​

my gv70 is build super tight .. no gape :)

Not sure how well it will work on the GV70, but in the past I followed the hood release cable. Then used a coat hanger (wire) to feed from engine bay thru grommet to under dash (curved down), taped wire on end and pulled it thru. No standing on your head under the dash is necessary.

John Baxter

Getting familiar with the group...
Last edited:

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Most dealers struggle with replacing an oil filter without it leaking so not sure they would know how to track this.
#fact hahahaha. My dealer told me he would give me the oil and filter and all when it needs servicing and reset it and let me change it

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners