GV70 Aftermarket Products Master List

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Some performance/aesthetic options I'm thinking about..

Wing emblem on the rear for sure.. thanks LQQK for the pics and tips!

JB4 for sure.. had one on my GLC Coupe and I like the ability to switch Maps from stock to punching it up to 93 octane.. don't mess with Ethanol and fancy mixes. I'm curious how much hp and umph you get now without the CANbus.. may wait a minute, but will probably give in and pull the trigger anyway.

Tires/spacers.. need some help here and thoughts.. thanks for the posts on the spacers, never used them before. I was looking at a slightly wider tire for the rear, similar to my GLC and other sport SUVs. I saw where DogtorM posted about 265s fitting stock Prestige rims. It's obviously not much different stock 255s. .would have to change to a different tire too. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s come in 255 (front) and 265 (rear). I like the rims and not looking to change. Would you still use spacers? Pros/Cons?

QTP cutouts - again like the ability to go back to stock sound

Tint will be on next week. And just found a local detailer that does Gtechniq ceramic.

Air filter?? Always torn on this.. Had BMC on the GLC.. not convinced it makes a difference, but hell, I'll probably do this too just because

Calipers - Love the look of painted calipers and the front one would good I think.. the rear? wish it was a full (?) better looking caliper. Painting the rear will only make it stand out more.. just paint the front? Professionally painted that is, not rattle can.

Probably overkill and some will say much of this is a waste of money, but that's cool.. it's my $ and I like to play with my cars.

I have 15mm spacers to put on tomorrow or Sunday will post pics before or after. The tires are too short in my opinion so I am about to order some 265/45/21s which are 0.4" wider and 1.3" taller than stock and see how they look on it. I haven't fitted them yet but measured from every angle with wheel at lock either way and should clear just fine. 265s is widest stock tire that will fit. Gonna get spacers on and will post pics and ordering tires tonight and will post pics of stock, stock with spacers, new tires, new tires with spacers for everyone when I do!

I am doing or done everything you mentioned! Tint is all done windshield 35%, fronts 15%, backs/sides added 50% ceramic tint to factory tint to darken it and mainly to help with the heat as I live in a damn sauna in Mississippi. Wrapped taillights with light tint film (looks killer). Removed rear emblems and got the wing for the back. Think im gonna wrap the recessed area of hood behind emblem matte silver. Roof is getting wrapped black this week as well.

Air filter- BMC or AFE are my faves and waiting on it as well.

JB4 already on. Waiting on forum member to release exhaust (he actually made his at the QTP shop as his friend owns QTP). May do cutouts if it takes too much longer as I am ancy for noise out of mine.

For calipers the spray paint if done right looks as good as if professionally done. I have done exotics, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. and even had a body shop compliment me on it. Get the high temp brake decals and after painting and doing first clear coat apply and then clear over them and wet sand and they will look show quality.

That being said my buddy with the wrap shop is gonna wrap mine in the brake caliper wrap for free for pics for his social media in a reflective red and they can print on it so he will print emblems and all

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
@

DogtorM

could you please eventually tell us how you did get the cable from the ODB port to the engine bay ?​

i got my jb4 today and plan to install it next week on my 3.5TT gv70​

used to have one on my audi s5.. and could route it trough the door seam then under the hood ...​

my gv70 is build super tight .. no gape :)

I'll do you one better and post a video tomorrow or Sunday!

Etex

Registered Member
Ok I bought this, let's hope it works.

Not feeling confident given the photo is of a G70 Shooting Brake.

Guess you didn't check out the Vendict link (post #11) they have one, similar but not exactly the same.. scroll down to 'v' arrow in black advert for better pics.

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
The tires are too short in my opinion so I am about to order some 265/45/21s which are 0.4" wider and 1.3" taller than stock and see how they look on it. I haven't fitted them yet but measured from every angle with wheel at lock either way and should clear just fine. 265s is widest stock tire that will fit.

How do you plan on adjusting the speedometer?

For calipers the spray paint if done right looks as good as if professionally done. I have done exotics, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. and even had a body shop compliment me on it. Get the high temp brake decals and after painting and doing first clear coat apply and then clear over them and wet sand and they will look show quality.

Suggestion/Tip

I'm painting the top exposed rear wheel well part on the rear shocks black, they stand out like a sore thumb when viewed from the side. I was watching my wife pull out of the garage, when she started down the street I noticed the ugly metal finish where it should be an all-black background behind the tires...IMO!

BluGV70

Registered Member
30A Gulf Coast FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I have 15mm spacers to put on tomorrow or Sunday will post pics before or after. The tires are too short in my opinion so I am about to order some 265/45/21s which are 0.4" wider and 1.3" taller than stock and see how they look on it. I haven't fitted them yet but measured from every angle with wheel at lock either way and should clear just fine. 265s is widest stock tire that will fit. Gonna get spacers on and will post pics and ordering tires tonight and will post pics of stock, stock with spacers, new tires, new tires with spacers for everyone when I do!

I am doing or done everything you mentioned! Tint is all done windshield 35%, fronts 15%, backs/sides added 50% ceramic tint to factory tint to darken it and mainly to help with the heat as I live in a damn sauna in Mississippi. Wrapped taillights with light tint film (looks killer). Removed rear emblems and got the wing for the back. Think im gonna wrap the recessed area of hood behind emblem matte silver. Roof is getting wrapped black this week as well.

JB4 already on. Waiting on forum member to release exhaust (he actually made his at the QTP shop as his friend owns QTP). May do cutouts if it takes too much longer as I am ancy for noise out of mine.

That being said my buddy with the wrap shop is gonna wrap mine in the brake caliper wrap for free for pics for his social media in a reflective red and they can print on it so he will print emblems and all
How is the JB4 doing? any test runs yet?

Wrapping calipers is new to me. I like that option. Would like to see the emblem printed. would it be applied after the wrap? May be interested in buying a set.

Last edited:

AlexHZ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Great thread -- looks like there's a handful of us with a new car figuring out what's out there for mods. On my immediate list are tints, wheels, JB4, exhaust and I need to add a subwoofer in the back.

Does anyone know if the non-Lexicon set up has an amp, and if so where is it? I understand the battery is in the back near the spare tire --- I need a place to splice into a signal to route to an additional amplifier.

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
I H8 to ask but I think I need some sort of mud-flap protection. Crap is being thrown up big time from my rear wheels.

BluGV70

Registered Member
30A Gulf Coast FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

Any updates? curious to see your spacer and tire set up. Also how is the JB4 performing?

Jargen

Registered Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I am waiting on the WeatherTech mats!
Yes!
Or Tuxmats.
Or even OEM or any aftermarket all weather mats. I normally store my new car carpet mats until I go to sell it and swap back in so it looks like new.

Also waiting for a reliable variable exhaust so I can have it quiet or loud, lowering springs or better, someone to figure out the wheel widths/offsets to fit wider wheels and tires, and the JB4 to come a bit more out of beta.

bestcorea

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Question about the JB4 - what more needs to be done for it to be considered out of beta and in production state?

Also, does the JB4 come with pre-programmed maps, or do you need to record data on a bunch of runs in 3rd gear and send it to a tuner to make a custom map for you?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners