GV70 Issues

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hi All,

The point of this thread is not to complain (I love my GV70), but rather to compare what issues you might have with the car. Here my list:
  • Rear bumper noticeably different shade of white, needs replacement
  • Right rear door rattles when opened – needs fixing.
  • Front passenger headrest rattles – needs fixing
  • When preforming Launch Control, instrument panel resets and restarts – needs fixing
  • Air vents blow air while driving faster than 50mph, even though AC/Air is turned off and air circulation is turned on - temp. blender actuator motor??
  • Steering wheel – right side, rear, about 3 o’clock, leather noticeably not flush, squishy. Disturbs symmetry of steering wheel feel – likely needs replacement.
Anybody having the same or similar issues?

DDN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I get the front passenger headrest rattle as well when going over decent size bumps. Of course that only happens when there is no passenger. It’s possible that the same thing would happen on the drivers side but cannot test that theory! Not sure if that rattle can be fixed. Have had numerous cars do this when the seat is empty. Let me know if they are able to fix it though

Brice

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Only issue with mine so far is that when doing 80 mph or higher and depending on wind there is a metal "clinking" noise from the passenger side B pillar.
But then again I can't do 80 all the time so it's not a constant. Will get it looked at in the near future.

NewGuy1005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I myself have experienced the rear door creaking sound when opening/closing. I think I found the cause. For me, it is the outside window trim. When you push on the trim in various places, you'll find the section that creaks. Mine is by the B-pillar, towards the front of the rear door. I believe it probably just needs reattached with better clips or adhesive, however they do it.

The only other issue I've had is regarding the infotainment. When using Apple CarPlay, I experience clipping through the sound system. I've spoken with Genesis and Lexicon, it is believed to be a firmware glitch, improper amp tuning, or issues with the usb port where connecting. Does not happen when bluetooth or any other input method.

I did have a minor rattle on the driver side door, but it was nothing a little piece of foam behind the trim didn't fix. I love my GV70 and I believe it is built remarkably well, see my post here Genesis GV70 Reviews. When vehicles are dampened so well much like the GV70, it can have a negative effect in where you literally hear the most minor noises. Sometimes, it's something that you have to train yourself to ignore and realize it's not worth it.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
eLSD rear diff. Not good. Mines been in the shop for 3 weeks. Whole rear end is shot.

Pearlturbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Knock on wood, I don’t have any complaints at all. I love the GV70.

Only issue I had was a noise coming from the liner area, I pushed on it where I heard the noise, I heard a click, now it’s in place. Guess they didnt apply enough pressure when installing the liner.

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Maybe I’m picky for the price of the car, but look at the rear bumper. I understand it’s plastic and the chassis is metal, but, the difference is quite striking.
1633015363835.jpeg

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JordanSquared

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Ours was damaged in transport. Front bumper damage and the shark fin has a huge paint chip on one side.

JordanSquared

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hi All,

The point of this thread is not to complain (I love my GV70), but rather to compare what issues you might have with the car. Here my list:
  • When preforming Launch Control, instrument panel resets and restarts – needs fixing
  • Air vents blow air while driving faster than 50mph, even though AC/Air is turned off and air circulation is turned on - temp. blender actuator motor??
  • Steering wheel – right side, rear, about 3 o’clock, leather noticeably not flush, squishy. Disturbs symmetry of steering wheel feel – likely needs replacement.

I too am having the launch control dash reset issue. When performing launch control the entire dash goes black and performs a system check as well as resetting all of the trip computers.

An additional problem that I am having is that the front radar keeps saying that it is blocked and canceling out the cruise control. After about 5-10 minutes, it will clear the code and cruise control will work again. This has happened on the highway over 20 times on a 10 hour road trip. Has anyone had this issue?

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Most of the interior .. when touched and pushed creaks. Dash creaks .. steering wheel creaks .. doors creak .. overhead console creaks .. roof grab handle is loose. When temp change from hot to cold info screen like to give a popping noise and some plastic noises can be heard popping out of nowhere. Just things I have noticed.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Maybe I’m picky for the price of the car, but look at the rear bumper. I understand it’s plastic and the chassis is metal, but, the difference is quite striking.
View attachment 40247
I'm curious....how did the front bumper plastic pieces take the paint? Same issue? Is that alta or uyuni?

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That looks like poor paint match after body work.
It does, except for the car was brand new with 5miles on the odometer. Unless damaged during transport and repainted, that's how it came.. I'll inquire more and let you know.

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm curious....how did the front bumper plastic pieces take the paint? Same issue? Is that alta or uyuni?
No idea, it was the standard "free" paint (alta?). I did not notice any difference on the front, but, I'll take a look.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
No idea, it was the standard "free" paint (alta?). I did not notice any difference on the front, but, I'll take a look.
Yep - that would be "Alta". I would be curious if you see any differences on front plastic areas because accidents DO happen at the port and the paintwork to fix it might have been the issue.

Last edited:

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
On the paint discoloration, it may be a slightly different paint base. Some paints require a different chemistry or additives to go over plastic, otherwise the paint cracks with the normal flexing and thermal cycles that goes on with urethane body parts. this change in chemistry can alter the look. Don't be surprised if they offer to respray it and it comes back the same wrong color. This is common on light colors (white, red, yellow, pale blues, etc).

On the cruise kicking out with a radar error, my 2015 5.0 (G80) did that, they had to replace the module and realign the radar sensor. It's not an uncommon thing to fail on other models, suspect you have the same. Mine behaved the same as yours.

Last edited:

JordanSquared

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
On the paint discoloration, it may be a slightly different paint base. Some paints require a different chemistry or additives to go over plastic, otherwise the paint cracks with the normal flexing and thermal cycles that goes on with urethane body parts. this change in chemistry can later the look. Don't be surprised if they offer to respray it and it comes back the same wrong color. This is common on light colors (white, red, yellow, pale blues, etc).

On the cruise kicking out with a radar error, my 2015 5.0 (G80) did that, they had to replace the module and realign the radar sensor. It's not an uncommon ting to fail on other models, suspect you have the same. Mine behaved the same as yours.
That's great to know. Our front bumper got damaged in transport to the dealership so maybe that has something to do with it :unsure:

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
View attachment 40247
Maybe they put on the wrong color bumper. Almost looks like Uyini White. Even the trim around your wheel wells look a bit off.. could just be me though.

KC926

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hi All,

I got my GV70 base over a week ago, absolutely perfect! Not a creak, not a rattle, not a single imperfection, and I am pretty picky type. It's build quality is so impressive, i would not consider any other brands. I may even rule out Tesla at this point. And I am a big fan of Tesla, but they are not luxury. Genesis is doing so many thing perfect, it's scary. They are a dead serious brand. Germans and Japanese need to watch out, Genesis may surpass them quickly.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners