GV70 Issues

Aag12

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Major issue with mine is back center seat leather is not installed correctly. It's either not glued to the seat or not stitched since the leather isn't tight and kind of bubbles over the underlying seating surface. Hoping to get this fixed soon

ouelley

Ste Adèle Qc
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I saw a white GV70 with the same paint issue at a Santa Monica dealer. I told them the back bumper was a different white than the rest of the car but of course the dealer says they don’t see it but it’s very obvious. You’re not alone
Me too for Canadian version

jlgs2000

Hasn't posted much yet...
4 1/2 months and no major issues. The only bug I had was with the Lexicon audio. Front speakers muted after the drivers aid intervention. Fixed upon vehicle restart.

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I saw a white GV70 with the same paint issue at a Santa Monica dealer. I told them the back bumper was a different white than the rest of the car but of course the dealer says they don’t see it but it’s very obvious. You’re not alone
I have the uyuni white and to me the plastic trim around the wheel wells looks a bit off in color.

NewGuy1005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
4 1/2 months and no major issues. The only bug I had was with the Lexicon audio. Front speakers muted after the drivers aid intervention. Fixed upon vehicle restart.
How did you restart the vehicle? Simply off and on? Or do you mean like a hard restart of the computers of some sort?

jlgs2000

Hasn't posted much yet...
How did you restart the vehicle? Simply off and on? Or do you mean like a hard restart of the computers of some sort?
It was back to normal on the next regular on/off start cycle. It didn't need a hard reset which is good because I didn't want to have to dig through the service manual. However, it seems like it takes 5-10 minutes for the systems to completely cycle off.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
e LSD fail on Sports/ Prestige model

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ozbrig

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
When using Lane Following Assist, the steering wheel oscillates left and right far enough that you can feel it. Anyone else experiencing this?

Update: Tested LFA at night and it works fine. I have seen a similar comment here. So it points potentially to camera sensitivity during daytime. I will pursue with Corporate as I doubt that the Dealers will have the knowledge or inclination to fix it. What is the best way of communicating with Corporate Genesis channels?

Last edited:

Greenish70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hey man I have the same issue with launch control...........the front cluster reboots itself all the gasoline gauges shut off right in the middle of it what the hell????????????I spoke to my dealershiip and of course they have no idea of what can cause it........any ideas anybody???
Same here with the launch control, I tried it maybe 3 times to see how much difference it made, as there is a noticeable dead spot on the 2.5 when accelerating from a stop.

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
While the gv70 is a great cuv .. the interior is a bit creaky over bumps and may worsen over time. We shall see.

tadre1

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
This is by far the quietest and tightest car I’ve ever owned. Not hearing any creaks, squeaks or rattles anywhere and really enjoying that.
You must be hard of hearing. But I tell you what .. the radio solves all those problems ..

Last edited:

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
This is by far the quietest and tightest car I’ve ever owned. Not hearing any creaks, squeaks or rattles anywhere and really enjoying that.
You must be hard of hearing. But I tell you what .. the radio solves all those problems ..
It would be best if you spoke for yourself. The GV70 is the quietest vehicle I've owned. A creaking, squeaking and rattling car would drive me crazy, and my GV70 is quiet.

shogun95

Registered Member
Greensboro, NC
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Not hard of hearing and actually a trained NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) retired automotive engineer. Clearly your vehicle has an issue that mine and others don’t have. Hope you find the cause of it.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That sucks. Any Idea from the dealer what caused the failure ? Better yet are they taking care of it like they should ?
They appear to be doing everything they can but due to this economy/shipping nightmare they can only do so much. It looks like the final part may arrive next week for the fix. They are replacing the whole unit. Just bad luck I guess.

LemigL

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the same paint issue with the front bumper of my 2022 G70 (Uyuni white). I was told by the dealer that fixing it would involve not only repainting the bumper, but the adjacent sections of the hood and fenders as well to "blend it in". I'd be interested to know how you make out with your rear bumper. I'm not okay with having the whole front of my new car repainted and may just live with it as-is. G70 Passenger Side.jpg

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners