GV70 Issues

Brice

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Mine went in for service yesterday for the "clinking" sound it makes when traveling 80+ MPH (earlier in this thread). The service writer couldn't tell me enough that the speed limit is 65 and that is as fast as the tech can drive it. Needless to say he was unable to recreate the noise and made sure to put in his notes that he did 65 mph.
When I picked it up the writer continued to tell me that 65 is speed limit. I finally had enough of this and pointed out that Genesis is selling a vehicle that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds and has a top speed of roughly 160 and who the hell does 65 on the highway in CA. Oh and thanks for the call telling me my "Hyundai" was ready for pick up.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That sucks. Any Idea from the dealer what caused the failure ? Better yet are they taking care of it like they should ?
They checked the fluid in the diff and it was very dark with traces of metal so they called the mothership and were told to replace the whole e-LSD assembly. Not good because getting anything these days is twice as hard due to shipping issues. The dealership has been good communicating with me and one of the parts came in 2 weeks ago but waiting now for the "module". I don't understand why they can't track a part or why they couldn't air freight it and get it done. The concierge is a bit of a joke as it's an out sourced job and someone working from home who can't do much etc. I've had 3 different "loaner cars" in the last 2 months and they were all Genesis. G70 to start than a G80 and I told them I wanted an SUV as my back is not good on low cars anymore due to recent injury so I've been driving a brand new GV80 3.5 mid trim for the last 3 weeks. That's fine but it's not my car.

If they can't get this done soon I'll start talking buy back. I'm sure they will do that as they can repair it and re-sell it in a heartbeat and make money on it but then I have to find a new car in this stupid new world. Not good.

jlgs2000

Hasn't posted much yet...
They checked the fluid in the diff and it was very dark with traces of metal so they called the mothership and were told to replace the whole e-LSD assembly. Not good because getting anything these days is twice as hard due to shipping issues. The dealership has been good communicating with me and one of the parts came in 2 weeks ago but waiting now for the "module". I don't understand why they can't track a part or why they couldn't air freight it and get it done. The concierge is a bit of a joke as it's an out sourced job and someone working from home who can't do much etc. I've had 3 different "loaner cars" in the last 2 months and they were all Genesis. G70 to start than a G80 and I told them I wanted an SUV as my back is not good on low cars anymore due to recent injury so I've been driving a brand new GV80 3.5 mid trim for the last 3 weeks. That's fine but it's not my car.

If they can't get this done soon I'll start talking buy back. I'm sure they will do that as they can repair it and re-sell it in a heartbeat and make money on it but then I have to find a new car in this stupid new world. Not good.
The crazy thing to me is I would have expected once the call came down to replace the whole assembly (which is the right thing to do) Genesis would have had the assembly shipped quickly. I would think 1-2 weeks tops even in this crazy climate. If you are selling vehicles you should have replacement components. You have been a trooper throughout this ordeal. Once this gets repaired I hope your GV70 never sees the dealer again for a repair.

Duality

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All the carbon fiber trim areas creak for me. The front proximity sensor goes off randomally when coming to a stop behind grey cars. Still trying to find a service manual, can’t see shit when turning, going to install fog lights.

Transmission sucks for sport and sport plus modes, can’t wait to chip it. Change the spark plugs and whenever my all weather mats arrive.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The crazy thing to me is I would have expected once the call came down to replace the whole assembly (which is the right thing to do) Genesis would have had the assembly shipped quickly. I would think 1-2 weeks tops even in this crazy climate. If you are selling vehicles you should have replacement components. You have been a trooper throughout this ordeal. Once this gets repaired I hope your GV70 never sees the dealer again for a repair.
Hey thanks for those kind words. Ironically I just got the call that the module has arrived and they are going to put it back together this week, test drive it and give it a ceramic coat snd oil change for my troubles. Then it's fingers crossed. I have to say high marks for the dealer here. They have treated me very well.

Greenish70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hello 👋, it looks like the dash and navigation screen reset issue during launch control, will now pop up during regular driving.
I've contacted the dealer and will advise further.

Kcsen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

I picked up my GV70 on 9/22, 16 miles on it. On 9/28 the battery was so dead it had to be towed to the dealership where it still sits 39 days later. No ETA on a replacement battery!

GV70GUY

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I picked up my GV70 on 9/22, 16 miles on it. On 9/28 the battery was so dead it had to be towed to the dealership where it still sits 39 days later. No ETA on a replacement battery!
That's ridiculous they should find you a battery locally that will work.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wow. Not the first, second or third time I have read about issues concerning dead GV70 batteries.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kcsen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
i agree & have tried a variety of ways to motivate them. I’m told by my 3rd Genesis customer care agent (more avoidance than care) that an after market battery will void the warranty. They say it has to be a Genesis/Hyundai or Interstate battery & all are back ordered. In addition, they’ve tried a Hyundai Palisade battery but it, reportedly, has the positive post on the wrong end. My problem has been rehashed to death in a battery thread. I’ve given them until Tuesday to find a battery & then will go the lemon law route for a legal resolution.

jlgs2000

i agree & have tried a variety of ways to motivate them. I’m told by my 3rd Genesis customer care agent (more avoidance than care) that an after market battery will void the warranty. They say it has to be a Genesis/Hyundai or Interstate battery & all are back ordered. In addition, they’ve tried a Hyundai Palisade battery but it, reportedly, has the positive post on the wrong end. My problem has been rehashed to death in a battery thread. I’ve given them until Tuesday to find a battery & then will go the lemon law route for a legal resolution.
Good Luck. This is unacceptable. Given the circumstance, they should be able to find you a suitable replacement battery with no warranty issues and just swap out with an oem battery once it is off backorder. Really Genesis should have replacement parts for these vehicle. It is crazy not to even have stock for a replacement battery.

Davep

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Good Luck. This is unacceptable. Given the circumstance, they should be able to find you a suitable replacement battery with no warranty issues and just swap out with an oem battery once it is off backorder. Really Genesis should have replacement parts for these vehicle. It is crazy not to even have stock for a replacement battery.
This is not unique to Genesis. There are supply chain issues that are impacting many products.

jlgs2000

This is not unique to Genesis. There are supply chain issues that are impacting many products.
Definitely. I just would have hope with this being nothing new; companies would do a bit better. The supply chain issues have been going on for a while now. Genesis actually has done fairly well. BMW is now shipping some vehicles without power seats and touch screen capability.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Definitely. I just would have hope with this being nothing new; companies would do a bit better. The supply chain issues have been going on for a while now. Genesis actually has done fairly well. BMW is now shipping some vehicles without power seats and touch screen capability.
You are correct so when do we start punishing China?

GV70GUY

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You know that Taiwan owes the majority of chip manufacturing in the world they also make the smallest fastest chips that even Intel can't duplicate or China maybe one reason China wants to take over Taiwan.

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You know that Taiwan owes the majority of chip manufacturing in the world they also make the smallest fastest chips that even Intel can't duplicate or China maybe one reason China wants to take over Taiwan.
Some people are too ignorant to know that, and are just plain racist and want to blame others.

Kcsen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You are correct so when do we start punishing China?
So after giving the customer care agent a deadline of tomorrow to deliver a new battery or I would invoke the lemon law & seek a legal resolution, a new battery arrived this morning & I am in possession of my GV70, which actually starts & runs!
Remarkable how fast a threat of legal action gets results!!

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So after giving the customer care agent a deadline of tomorrow to deliver a new battery or I would invoke the lemon law & seek a legal resolution, a new battery arrived this morning & I am in possession of my GV70, which actually starts & runs!
Remarkable how fast a threat of legal action gets results!!
Yep and it's pathetic that it has to come to that. Good for you. In these " unprecedented times" ( God am I sick of hearing that) one has to throw down HARD to move the meter. I find watching an episode of Yellowstone good for motivation !!

dklanecky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yep and it's pathetic that it has to come to that. Good for you. In these " unprecedented times" ( God am I sick of hearing that) one has to throw down HARD to move the meter. I find watching an episode of Yellowstone good for motivation !!
Send Rip!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners