GV70 Issues

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I experienced this as well. Was very faint and only I could hear it since I am sitting in the drivers seat. It's very common for some plastic piece to work loose or rub no matter what vehicle or brand it is. I took a small piece of foam and found the pressure point where it stopped rattling, pulled back the trim slightly, placed the foam, and all is new. No rattles since.
Interesting, I have the same thing on the driver and passenger door. Doesn't happen all the time and it's not very loud. I wonder if the weight of the arm is pulling the panel away a little causing it since if I push the panel (either one) it stops rattling.

Where did you put the foam on yours to fix it?

NewGuy1005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Interesting, I have the same thing on the driver and passenger door. Doesn't happen all the time and it's not very loud. I wonder if the weight of the arm is pulling the panel away a little causing it since if I push the panel (either one) it stops rattling.

Where did you put the foam on yours to fix it?
So mine was strange. I only noticed it in my drivers door when going around right turns. Sounds weird but I guess the weight distribution that would shift to the left of the vehicle when going around right turns caused something in the door to rattle.

I had some foam tape laying around that I ordered off amazon and gently pushed on different areas near the stitching above the armrest until I heard "too much" movement or noises. then pulled back on the trim where it meets the metal door frame, and added some of the foam between the plastic trim and metal frame. Kept doing it until I "found" the sweet spot and eliminated the noise.

FYI, I since then have actually sound deadened all four doors and completely "future proofed" any clips or moveable plastic pieces within the door. I made an original post under GV70 reviews about how amazing the build quality is beneath the skin. I didn't need to add extra deadening, but I had the materials laying around from a previous vehicle and said screw it and did it.

dckimmd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
4 1/2 months and no major issues. The only bug I had was with the Lexicon audio. Front speakers muted after the drivers aid intervention. Fixed upon vehicle restart.
Same thing happened to me. Took me a while to figure out what happened. Fixed my issue by changing vehicle settings to NOT have radio mute with lane drifting warning.

Can_chingu

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Only issue with mine so far is that when doing 80 mph or higher and depending on wind there is a metal "clinking" noise from the passenger side B pillar.
But then again I can't do 80 all the time so it's not a constant. Will get it looked at in the near future.
Little late reading this, but i have exactly the same « issue ». Did you get it checked or fixed?
I mentioned this to my dealer and i was told they will need a « ride test » to figure out. I do not consider an urgent fix (me too, I rarely drive above 80km/h nowadays), so I am waiting for my first service to have it checked.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Brice

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Can_chingu,
Took it in but per their service rules they couldn't go over 65. Had them check the entire suspension and all was good. Still making the noise at 80+ not concerning but will keep an eye on it.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners