GV70 Lexicon top soundsystem

ozbrig

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I am really enjoying my GV70 (as y’all I’m sure aware;) of course the Lexicon sound system is just one of a plethora of reasons. I have my treble and midrange at +1, bass is flat. Normally I would leave the sliders flat, however after Savagegeese’s review, I experimented, and lo and behold Mark was right.

Anyways, I saw this video highlighting the sound system and spotlighting one of the sound engineers for the E-G80, thought it was cool and wanted to share.

Can you add the link to the specific Savagegeese review you reference above? Thanks

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So, what is the overall consensus on the stereo system in this vehicle?

I mean, I read a couple of posts about the subwoofer not working well.

A quality car stereo system is always at the top of my list. Does this one check all the marks as being one of the best or are there issues?

Pearlturbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I think it’s one of the best. I think peoples audio sources is the issue, and right balance on the equalizer.

if you think Lexus‘s Mark Levingston sound system is one of the best out there, it’s not. Previous owner here, Lexicon blows it out of the park with clarity, bass, and overall speaker placement.

from my previous 2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec which had Lexicon, to my GV70, i friggen love the system.

20Genesis15

Hasn't posted much yet...
Niagara Falls
I have found every Genesis that I have had (loaner) doesn't compare to my 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 stereo. I have brought my USB and also listened to my normal music medias. Also changing the settings to what I have in my car. For some reason I have found they all lack. I don't know why, they just do. I don't have my GV70 yet but I have played with the stereo in 3 different test drives under various conditions. Sunny day, rainy day and a somewhat windy day.

Lionorion

2022 GV70 Sport Advanced Mauna Red/Sevilla Red
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So, what is the overall consensus on the stereo system in this vehicle?

I mean, I read a couple of posts about the subwoofer not working well.

A quality car stereo system is always at the top of my list. Does this one check all the marks as being one of the best or are there issues?
Best audio quality I’ve ever experienced! If you’re an audiophile, definitely get the Lexicon sound system. In regards to bass, because the unibody structure is so strong, and with two subs, the GV70 has thunderous bass response.

bstevenf1

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
If you are accustomed to cars with JL Audio (particularly subwoofers) you aren’t likely going to be satisfied with any factory integrated system. Even a JL stealthbox will handle a much more capable subwoofer than the under-seat Lexicon design.
This is where I am at. I am looking to add an aftermarket sub. Anyone have any technical wiring details available for me to use for tapping the Pre-amp level and turn on lead?

BFerrar

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Has anyone heard, seen or ordered the 15 speaker system? Your oppinion? Only interessed about comments for GV70. Any details of speaker specifications, chassis diametre, watt power and placement, adjustment of center speaker possible etc? Maybe proper scrable like other car makers comunicate?
It sounds great to me, but I am NOT an audiophile or even an enthusiast. All I have to compare it to are a 2016 Honda Accord and 2017 Kia Optima. Neither of which sound anywhere close to the system in the GV70. Of course those are both vastly lower cost vehicles as well.

I haven't tuned anything and so far have not wanted to since it sounds good to me.

I know this isn't specifics on wattages etc.... but I am more than happy with it.
I AM an audiophile (I owned a high end car stereo store and used to compete in sound-offs - I got out when it became all about the bass) and I cannot say enough about the Lexicon system - one of the best factory systems and well worth the cost. You couldn't build anything with that performance and most importantly, that level of clean sound reproduction across the entire range, for even close to the price of the Lexicon option. And if it is still not good enough, as somebody else said, making it quieter by adding sound isolation material makes any factory system better and is the first "upgrade" one should start with.

bstevenf1

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I AM an audiophile (I owned a high end car stereo store and used to compete in sound-offs - I got out when it became all about the bass) and I cannot say enough about the Lexicon system - one of the best factory systems and well worth the cost. You couldn't build anything with that performance and most importantly, that level of clean sound reproduction across the entire range, for even close to the price of the Lexicon option. And if it is still not good enough, as somebody else said, making it quieter by adding sound isolation material makes any factory system better and is the first "upgrade" one should start with.
I too work in the audio field. I am an audiophile as well. Although, I work on the 2-Channel home side, and have installed high-end Audio for 30 years(High End meaning, 100k plus speakers). I have in the past done Dynaudio in my cars and have been very happy with them. I am not about Bandpass bass...I am looking for accurate quality bass. I too agree that Lexicon is the best system for the money in a factory stereo...my only beef is in looking for accurate sound overall ranges at a fair volume level, it is hard to get the full quality of range when the subs in the lexicon system can only reproduce so deep. This is just the nature of the size of the bass driver, the cabinet used, etc. So, I personally would like to see a little bit better low end to feel that kick drum punch when it hits. That said, I am looking to add a 10" sealed sub in a 1 cubic foot enclosure. If anyone has come across the wiring diagrams for the car, I would highly appreciate it. Just got the car this week, and I am working on getting the setup together now.

barhoram

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
what would be considered the best source of audio? Is there an iphone app to deliver high quailty audio through carplay?

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
what would be considered the best source of audio? Is there an iphone app to deliver high quailty audio through carplay?

I would think your iPhone would be one of the best bets. Apple Music has HD music which should sound phenomenal. Qobuz or Tidal are both Hi-Rez music services that let you download music to your phone in high-resolution formats for offline playback in a vehicle through their apps on iPhone/Carplay.

bstevenf1

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I would think your iPhone would be one of the best bets. Apple Music has HD music which should sound phenomenal. Qobuz or Tidal are both Hi-Rez music services that let you download music to your phone in high-resolution formats for offline playback in a vehicle through their apps on iPhone/Carplay.
Agreed, Tidal and or Apple Music HD are LESS compressed and better overall sound quality, but I would also suggest WIRED connection vs Bluetooth if you are really looking for the best quality sound achievable in a car.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Agreed, Tidal and or Apple Music HD are LESS compressed and better overall sound quality, but I would also suggest WIRED connection vs Bluetooth if you are really looking for the best quality sound achievable in a car.

Absolutely! Forgot to mention that. You lose sound quality when you transmit over Bluetooth. Wired is the only way to go to preserve audio bandwidth.

Lionorion

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Well it’s not “Best” per se, but I’m really enjoying the Apple Music with its lossless codecs.

Lionorion

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Absolutely! Forgot to mention that. You lose sound quality when you transmit over Bluetooth. Wired is the only way to go to preserve audio bandwidth.
So true. With Car Play, there’s more dynamic range versus BT.

MrBuddha

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The sub leaves a little bit to be desired but the sound system as a whole is great imo. The sound is full and rich. Much better than on any of my previous cars. And I've only tried listeing through XM and bluetooth. Going to try car play soon.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The sub leaves a little bit to be desired but the sound system as a whole is great imo. The sound is full and rich. Much better than on any of my previous cars. And I've only tried listeing through XM and bluetooth. Going to try car play soon.

Keep us posted, please

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

deewan

Registered Member
Cedar Rapids, IA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I haven't read every post here, but I've read a lot.

I want to stress the fact many others have made that using sources like XM Sirius Radio or Bluetooth sources is not a fair representation of what any sound system can do. Just because XM is digital doesn't mean it's high quality (I've had the argument with others before). Even a wired connection to a phone can result in less than impressive audio if you are not careful. It all has to do with the source!!

Make sure the source is wired. Make sure the audio quality is not down mixed (high bit rate, lossless if possible, and normally attempt to avoid streaming unless you confirm you are using a high speed connection and a source like Tidal.)

I almost purchased a Volvo XC90 and the optional B&W audio upgrade before deciding for a the smaller and more fun to drive GV70. The Volvo B&W audio system is the best factory system I've heard to date and better than most entry and mid-level aftermarket systems. When my neighbor decided to buy a Volvo I recommended the B&W sound system. After a week of owning the Volvo he approached me and mentioned the Volvo sound system stunk compared to his older Chevy Bose system. Confused I asked him about his listening setup and found out he was using a Bluetooth connection from his and streaming XM from the XM app. I suggested using a wired connection or even the XM service on the car (he was to lazy to setup his XM presets in the car). A day later he mentioned my suggestions helped but the sound still wasn't impressive. we got into his Volvo together and agreed the system was not as impressive as it should have been. I then discovered that on his iPhone, in order to conserve storage space, all his audio was being down converted to a much lower bit-rate (quality). We unplugged his iPhone, plugged in my iPhone which has all AppleLossless quality songs and played the same song he was listening to and a big grin appeared on his face. Long story short, make sure you have a quality source and a quality connection before judging a sound system of any sort.

I look forward to hearing the upgrade Lexicon system in my GV70 upon delivery. If it can be anything close to the B&W system in the Volvo, I'll be over the moon happy.

RedBarn

Registered Member
Philly
The Lexicon setup is awesome. Played a few rocking songs at max volumn just to see and couldn't ask for better clarity and umph.
At max volume I got out of the car, closed the door and I could barely hear anything. Back inside the doors were vibrating like crazy. Car probably doesn't need any added insulation.

led lit velossatech high performance big mouth ram air snorkels airscoops for your genesis
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners