GV70 Revealed

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm admittedly lukewarm on the G70 refresh from what I've seen, but man do I think they smashed it out of the park on the GV70...

As soon-to-be dad, I will take sport model in red, pleez.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ +1. looks sick. the silhouette reminds me of the original Infiniti FX a bit. not super keen on some of those wheel designs, but the GV70 is going to help elevate Genesis's profile big time for the NA market, and elsewhere

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man that front end works seems to work so much better on an SUV body than it does on the new G70. Not too shabby!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ exactly. i don't like it on the G70 refresh, but somehow it works much better on the GV's.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ +1. looks sick. the silhouette reminds me of the original Infiniti FX a bit. not super keen on some of those wheel designs, but the GV70 is going to help elevate Genesis's profile big time for the NA market, and elsewhere

I'm a little hesitant on what looks to be the new Geneiss wheel-theme (those sort of turbine-style multispokes on the non-sport GV70 and upcoming G70 refresh) but those weird textured-looking 21's on the GV70 Sport look pretty cool to me

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ exactly. i don't like it on the G70 refresh, but somehow it works much better on the GV's.

I think it's because the new styling language was sort of grafted onto the G70 in a hasty refresh. Had it been a clean sheet design I think it would look much more cohesive a la the new G80, which I think is a very attractive car.

Also, can we please see that styling language on a coupe or bespoke sports car?

norinse

Registered Member
I quite like the look of this, especially the vertical shield exhausts on the non-sport model. It looks like they just turned a G80 exhaust sideways, but I love it. I could see this in the driveway if the G70 wagon doesn't come to north america, or doesn't fit a rear-facing car-seat.

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ @norinse "I could see this in the driveway if the G70 wagon doesn't come to north america, or doesn't fit a rear-facing car-seat."

G70 Wagon . . . oh god please make this happen!

norinse

Registered Member
^ @norinse "I could see this in the driveway if the G70 wagon doesn't come to north america, or doesn't fit a rear-facing car-seat."

G70 Wagon . . . oh god please make this happen!
Apparently it is. Actually, the wagon would probably have more rear legroom than the GV70 (but less headroom).

I was just looking at the pictures of the GV70 again and I was like, I could totally see this replacing my 2016 Mazda CX-5. then I squinted a bit, and I was like, it kind of looks like my 2016 CX-5 (from the front, if you squint, but nicer).

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums