GV70 with exhaust cutouts

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Heres my GV70 with cutouts installed. Im going with QTP electric cutouts but not here yet and I couldn't wait. Keep in mind this is cold start so louder than normal.

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
No, there is a bypass right before the muffler.

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
No, there is a bypass right before the muffler.
Did you just remove the muffler or did you just remove the bypass section or what? I've been considering just pulling the muffler for now until Demon_GV70 has his exhuast out. I need more sound out of mine, BAD.

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Stock muffler is still there, just a bypass installed right before exhaust goes into muffler.

shuvo_2000

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am kind of new to this concept. Is the benefit of this louder exhaust? Is there any drawbacks?

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So that eliminates the exhaust flowing though the big bumper outlets kind of like an Audi. Lease car so Pasadena for me..

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I am kind of new to this concept. Is the benefit of this louder exhaust? Is there any drawb

I am kind of new to this concept. Is the benefit of this louder exhaust? Is there any drawbacks?
No drawbacks in my opinion, should have more power with turbo and even better with a tuner. It will be louder but I think this motor deserves to be heard. With electric cutouts you have the option of closing it and going back to stock with the push of a button. QTP cutouts are what I use.

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So that eliminates the exhaust flowing though the big bumper outlets kind of like an Audi. Lease car so Pasadena for me..
My cars a lease also, easy to install and put back to stock by any competent muffler shop. Yes it allows the exhaust to exit before the muffler.

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
How hard was it to do delete and what process did you use (removal, cleaning etc.)
It was easy I think because the car is so new. I removed the emblems by running fishing line behind the emblem then any adhesive that remains just comes off by rolling it up. Used some quick detailer afterwards to clean it up and done.

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Here are the spacers from my Stinger installed on the GV70. Fronts are 20mm rears are 25mm. If I were to buy new ones for the GV I would go with 15mm front and 20mm rear but it still looks good in my opinion. Heres the link for amazon for the 20mm, you'll have to search for the 25mm. I think these make the rear look more aggressive and gives the staggered look. What do you guys think? Ill take better pics as soon as I can.

Amazon.com: 2pc 20mm 5x114.3 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers (67.1mm Bore, 12x1.5 Studs) Compatible with Hyundai Genesis Tiburon Veloster Kia Optima Soul Mazda 3 5 Miata MX-6 Protege Jeep Compass Patriot Toyota and More: Automotive

Attachments

• 20210723_142931.jpg
    20210723_142931.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210723_142947.jpg
    20210723_142947.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

69AlfaNut

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Here are the spacers from my Stinger installed on the GV70. Fronts are 20mm rears are 25mm. If I were to buy new ones for the GV I would go with 15mm front and 20mm rear but it still looks good in my opinion. Heres the link for amazon for the 20mm, you'll have to search for the 25mm. I think these make the rear look more aggressive and gives the staggered look. What do you guys think? Ill take better pics as soon as I can.

Amazon.com: 2pc 20mm 5x114.3 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers (67.1mm Bore, 12x1.5 Studs) Compatible with Hyundai Genesis Tiburon Veloster Kia Optima Soul Mazda 3 5 Miata MX-6 Protege Jeep Compass Patriot Toyota and More: Automotive
How does wheel spacers affect handling? Should reduce body roll, but what about steering? Anything else?

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
No difference in driveability, no rubbing issues. I don't think this will reduce body roll, need springs and sway bar for that. Track is now 50mm wider so should feel more stable at high speeds. Here are the electric cutouts installed. Notice the butterfly is open = rip it mode. 20210726_175256.jpg 20210726_175329.jpg

shuvo_2000

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looks great! Any chance you can post some outdoor pictures of the car? I can't seem to find some high quality pictures of the real world grey car. Thank you!

whisk33

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I'm loving that only logo back even more. Almost didn't even notice it was "not normal"

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners