GV70 with exhaust cutouts

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Looks great! Any chance you can post some outdoor pictures of the car? I can't seem to find some high quality pictures of the real world grey car. Thank you!
Thanks and I'll get some more pics up soon. Its the wife car so Im on her schedule.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Thanks and I'll get some more pics up soon. Its the wife car so Im on her schedule.
Looks great! Some audio would be great as well - seems like it may be a balance between stock and straight through...

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Looks great! Some audio would be great as well - seems like it may be a balance between stock and straight through...
With the electric cutouts you don't have to open the valve all the way. If its too loud just close it a bit.

BluGV70

Registered Member
30A Gulf Coast FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
No difference in driveability, no rubbing issues. I don't think this will reduce body roll, need springs and sway bar for that. Track is now 50mm wider so should feel more stable at high speeds. Here are the electric cutouts installed. Notice the butterfly is open = rip it mode. View attachment 38306 View attachment 38307
Are those the low profile oval cut outs? Think I'm leaning this way..

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Are those the low profile oval cut outs? Think I'm leaning this way..
Yes they are the low profile but I think the regular kit will work just fine. I had originally bought these for my Stinger. The ovals are more for exhaust that hangs low but this cutout is tucked up pretty high.

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
No difference in driveability, no rubbing issues. I don't think this will reduce body roll, need springs and sway bar for that. Track is now 50mm wider so should feel more stable at high speeds. Here are the electric cutouts installed. Notice the butterfly is open = rip it mode. View attachment 38306 View attachment 38307
Looks awesome! So did you keep stock muffler and put the cutouts on before it? Would love another video with them outside if you can get one.

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Yes stock muffler is still there so with a flip of switch I can go back to stock exhaust. The cutouts are right before the muffler. I'll take some more pics and video ASAP.

DogtorM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Yes stock muffler is still there so with a flip of switch I can go back to stock exhaust. The cutouts are right before the muffler. I'll take some more pics and video ASAP.
Awesome thanks!!

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
In the middle of a move, will put up better outdoor shots and audio clips when we're done.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ratedmmm

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
They work great, I don't really do much maintenance on them, just ensuring the butterflies are tight. I've had a few different brands of cutouts, the QTPs are the only ones that hold up.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners