GV80 Dealer Pricing

Backslack

Registered Member
Hopefully the supply shortages ease in the next quarter or so.
I would hope so, but Hyundai/Kia haven't been able to solve it for the Telluride and Palisade, which have both been sold for a year now and are still commanding at or above MSRP with minimal discounts at most dealerships, particularly for the top trims.

Chill Backslack, getting way too serious here, we all have opinions, you and I just disagree, so?
It gets pretty tiring having to explain to someone who pretends the basic rules of supply and demand (which aren't an "opinion") don't exist.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I wouldn’t count on it. If Genesis doesn’t see sales numbers it was hoping for they will put the brakes on sending more cars. So you’ll have to pick from what’s on the lot which are probably lower trim models in just a few colors. Why would they cause a glut of them to drive the pricing down? It wouldn’t make good business sense. They will just divert them to the markets where they are selling.
Volume is volume. The dealers are getting the markups, not Genesis. Unless you know something different they get the same price for the car every time.

If the demand is high enough they may build another plant in the US to build them.

Londoner01

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Do you honestly think Genesis has any control over its independent dealerships? Do you think these dealerships would actually be stupid enough to lower the price when there's a clear supply shortage and people are gladly paying for it? If you want the Audi, go buy it. The dealership situation won't be changing anytime soon for Genesis regardless of whether you buy the GV80.

Coming here to do nothing but constantly complain that Genesis isn't worth the money even at MSRP because you can't get over its Hyundai origins is more than insulting to the many people here who have already paid for a GV80 and are quite happy with it.
I can only give my personal experience with the new GV80. I had a Palisade Ltd, loved it, great vehicle for the money. When I heard about the Genesis GV80 coming, I went to the dealer on Jan 16/2020 and put down my $1,000.00 deposit and ordered a GV80 Prestige.
If you think the Palisade is great and it is, it does not compare to the GV80. This is a luxury vehicle and no comparison, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
At MSRP the GV80 is an excellent value, if you want a BMW / Audi or MB, buy one, but as for as I am concerned the GV80 is a well rounded Luxury vehicle. I am not trying to convince anyone, I can't speak highly enough of my GV80 3.5T Prestige.

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Volume is volume. The dealers are getting the markups, not Genesis. Unless you know something different they get the same price for the car every time.

If the demand is high enough they may build another plant in the US to build them.

You might be right :) I guess only time will tell.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Pray tell, what facts am I wrong about, Mr. BMW salesman? ;)

Was just helping out a fellow forum member and making a general comment echoing what others have said.

Now that you mention it though, your insistence on a supply shortage of GV80s doesn't seem to be backed up by the data available. There are over 800 GV80s listed on cars.com and not all dealers participate in that. At first glance that would say supply is being met but I have not spent the time delving into the numbers to see how that inventory is dispersed/concentrated/model/etc. so can't make a determination as to whether demand is being met or not.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ to add...Genesis’ website now has inventory search for the new G80 and GV80.

Tons of both cars everywhere. Both cars easy to get.

Backslack

Registered Member
Was just helping out a fellow forum member and making a general comment echoing what others have said.

Now that you mention it though, your insistence on a supply shortage of GV80s doesn't seem to be backed up by the data available. There are over 800 GV80s listed on cars.com and not all dealers participate in that. At first glance that would say supply is being met but I have not spent the time delving into the numbers to see how that inventory is dispersed/concentrated/model/etc. so can't make a determination as to whether demand is being met or not.
You didn't help him out at all. No facts provided, no references to places where he could get a cheaper GV80 like he wanted. You simply responded to him to make a passive-aggressive pass at me, because you still have some petty grudge against me from many months ago. That's fine, I've mostly left you alone in your efforts to convert members here to the BMW cult since. :giggle:

Seems you didn't pay much attention to my posts in this thread or others either. Since my last post, I specifically said there were around 700 GV80s listed and around 4,000 X5's listed. Now that number has went up to 800, with dealers still charging over MSRP... you seriously think that increase of 100 since my last post makes all the difference?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You didn't help him out at all. No facts provided, no references to places where he could get a cheaper GV80 like he wanted. You simply responded to him to make a passive-aggressive pass at me, because you still have some petty grudge against me from many months ago. That's fine, I've mostly left you alone in your efforts to convert members here to the BMW cult since.

Seems you didn't pay much attention to my posts in this thread or others either. Since my last post, I specifically said there were around 700 GV80s listed and around 4,000 X5's listed. Now that number has went up to 800, with dealers still charging over MSRP... you seriously think that increase of 100 since my last post makes all the difference?

I see you still post the same old nonsense, misdirection, falsehoods etc.. I would have thought by now you would have matured a little and possibly learned to have a decent discourse. I guess that was too much to hope for. I guess I should take the tact of others and just ignore your posts.

I shouldn't help you but look at your numbers above, all you did was make yourself and your position look worse.

Backslack

Registered Member
I see you still post the same old nonsense, misdirection, falsehoods etc.. I would have thought by now you would have matured a little and possibly learned to have a decent discourse. I guess that was too much to hope for. I guess I should take the tact of others and just ignore your posts.
Sorry, weren't you the one accusing me of ad hominem attacks a while back? Funny to see you go to that tactic when you feel it's convenient for you, rather than addressing the "facts" you claim I am wrong about. Not that salesmen are known for being the sharpest tools in the shed.

I shouldn't help you but look at your numbers above, all you did was make yourself and your position look worse.
Yes, I'm sure I look much worse now that there are 800 GV80s for sale compared to the 4000+ X5's. Surely that's a stark difference from the 700 I mentioned a couple days ago. :sneaky:

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry, weren't you the one accusing me of ad hominem attacks a while back? Funny to see you go to that tactic when you feel it's convenient for you, rather than addressing the "facts" you claim I am wrong about. Not that salesman are known for being the sharpest tools in the shed.

You obviously can't be serious. Not even you can believe you are trying to have a serious conversation with the jumbled crap you are posting and then changing arguments when being called out.

I'm not going to be drawn into your trollish behavior. I'm sure there are others here who will fall for it for awhile. Good luck and Happy New Year.

Backslack

Registered Member
You obviously can't be serious. Not even you can believe you are trying to have a serious conversation with the jumbled crap you are posting and then changing arguments when being called out.

I'm not going to be drawn into your trollish behavior. I'm sure there are others here who will fall for it for awhile. Good luck and Happy New Year.
I'm very serious. Now rather than claim that what I say is "jumbled crap" while providing nothing of value as usual, do you have any actual facts to dispute the low inventory of the GV80 that you claim I am wrong about? Didn't your last post say you would ignore me? Seems you aren't even consistent with taking your own advice.

Good luck and Happy New Year to you too. Hope BMW marketing gives you a good bonus for all your extra online sales efforts.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

yah, the 2 at my local dealer are not listed on cars.com, and I've never seen them use that platform, nor the other next-nearest genesis dealer to me (whom also have 2 listed). There isn't a shortage, but there may be areas with more demand than others.

Backslack

Registered Member
Using three sites right now:

Cars.com: 837 GV80's
Car Gurus: 860 GV80's
Autotrader: 883 GV80's

Though some aren't listed, all three sites yield pretty consistent numbers with one another. Unless there's a massive secret stash of GV80s that dealers refuse to list, these numbers won't be substantially different.

Backslack

Registered Member
I literally saw GV80's coming in by the truckload today
Just in time for the new year. (y)

I hope by the end of January, the number of GV80s available at dealerships nationally is at least over 2K. That's currently how many '21 G70's are listed for sale, and by all means the GV80 is easily in much higher demand than the G70.

Last edited:

G-66365

W
Genesis has a tough job ahead of it trying to establish a premium luxury brand, going up against Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Porsche etc to say nothing of Cadillac, Lincoln, Volvo etc. Brand identity is important to many/most folks who pay $70,000 + for a car and the fact that not many in the general public have even heard of Genesis, doesn't help. Add to this that most dealers selling the Genesis PREMIUM brand are Hyundai dealers which in my option, is a mistake that sends the wrong message and represents the wrong image. Brand mixing doesn't work for Lexus/Toyota, Infinity/Nissan, Audi/Porche/Volkswagen, Acura/Honda nor Cadillac and Lincoln from their mother companies either. You have a different market, a different customer and we expect a different dealership experience. What does this mean? As good as the GV80 and G80/90 are and they are very very good, that's not the only thing that motivates people to buy an off brand car, lot's of interests, lots of accolades but parting with your cash ow that another matter entirely. Those that need to be first and don't care about the above issues and just love the car for what it is and represents, pay a premium early on but also take a larger depreciation hit when trade in time comes around and that's always true with any make and any new model. Genesis should also step in and try to prevent price gouging, it's hurting the Genesis brand rollout and all they're trying to achieve and I'm a perfect example, I will not pay over MSRP and in fact would like to see a few thousand under to make me open my wallet. If that isn't possible very soon, I'm going back to Audi.
Well spoken; i agree with everything you said; they may lose me

watty

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I can only give my personal experience with the new GV80. I had a Palisade Ltd, loved it, great vehicle for the money. When I heard about the Genesis GV80 coming, I went to the dealer on Jan 16/2020 and put down my $1,000.00 deposit and ordered a GV80 Prestige.
If you think the Palisade is great and it is, it does not compare to the GV80. This is a luxury vehicle and no comparison, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
At MSRP the GV80 is an excellent value, if you want a BMW / Audi or MB, buy one, but as for as I am concerned the GV80 is a well rounded Luxury vehicle. I am not trying to convince anyone, I can't speak highly enough of my GV80 3.5T Prestige.
This is a terrific car, I agree! Drove it today, but totally turned off by $14,000 worth of dealer mark-ups $7995 of our markup, the balance in low value things like a pinstripe). It’s a real turnoff. I call it Gamestop- or Reddit pricing. Not going to participate. Raise the MSRP and then maybe resale price will make sense. This is pure h——s—t. I may stick with BMW after all.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums