I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

Spill6

Registered Member
First info for cargo space behind second row: 727 VDA.

To me, in Canada, this is the important number. Lexus RX quotes their cargo in Litres up to the seat back -- while everyone else quotes to the headliner. So the media reviews slam the RX for super small cargo space -when it's actually on par or larger that some competitors.

Which prompted me to look up VDA: Luggage space – What's the difference?

The 2017 x5 is 650 VDA. Can't find the spec for the G05.

FStephenMasek

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
I hope the 3.5 is faster than 5.8 to 60MPH. The other vehicles I'm considering are the Ford Mustang Mach E GT (I have one reserved), and the BMW X3 (M40, or full M).

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
I hope the 3.5 is faster than 5.8 to 60MPH. The other vehicles I'm considering are the Ford Mustang Mach E GT (I have one reserved), and the BMW X3 (M40, or full M).
G80 Sport (which is not light or small) does it in 5 seconds with the 3.3T.

Pretty sure the GV80 with the 3.5T will be closer to 5 seconds than 5.8.

Agent Michael Scarn

Hasn't posted much yet...
‘These two vehicles would compete with the GV70...which will have the same 380hp 3.5TT and a more sportier approach and feel than the GV80.

Spill6

Registered Member
‘These two vehicles would compete with the GV70...which will have the same 380hp 3.5TT and a more sportier approach and feel than the GV80.
Or the X5 40i (with the same 3.0T that's in the X3 M40) as it is faster at 5.1-5.3. BMW underrates their engines... the X5 is probably a few lbs less than the GV80 which probably uses more high strength (heavy) steel vs aluminum so it's a little quicker. But I don't want to pay 20K more for the X5 which when the GV80 is very close. I bet (future reviews) X5 still wins the drivers SUV comparo but GV80 wins on being 90% as good and much less $$ (including gle, x5, q7, xc60, gv80)

elbandito

No Genesis Yet!
Or the X5 40i (with the same 3.0T that's in the X3 M40) as it is faster at 5.1-5.3. BMW underrates their engines... the X5 is probably a few lbs less than the GV80 which probably uses more high strength (heavy) steel vs aluminum so it's a little quicker. But I don't want to pay 20K more for the X5 which when the GV80 is very close. I bet (future reviews) X5 still wins the drivers SUV comparo but GV80 wins on being 90% as good and much less $$ (including gle, x5, q7, xc60, gv80)
I doubt it’ll be much less than the x5, when similarly equipped. I don’t think you can compare the 2.5 gv80 to the x5 40i. You’d have to compare the x5 with the 3.5 liter gv80. And if the 2.5liter gv80 is appx 50k, I assume the 3.5l will be +\- 10k more. A base x5 40i is 61k. If you want to settle for the 4 cyl gv80, then you’re going to save $$ otherwise when comparing to the gv80 competitors, I feel it’ll be priced similarly. I currently have a 2019 x5 40i and don’t think I can settle for less than a 6 cyl engine. Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s cheaper but it doesn’t make sense for it to be substantially cheaper

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
So...a few things that I just now noticed.

1. I had no idea that there is a pass-through...or hollow space...under the center console. Makes it seem airy/roomy I suppose...what a waste of precious storage space. Stupidity IMO. UNLESS...the bottom of that pass-through is some sort of "shared" shelf between the driver/passenger that you can place objects. If that is the case...kinda cool I suppose...but tough to get to as you are probably not going to see what's under there and only be using touch to fumble around. Dunno.

Update...I just grabbed a pic and blew it up. The pass-through actually does have a shelf...and some outlet(s). Still kinda tough to get to.

1579699027349.png

2. All the spy photos have been showing the dual exhaust tips (fake or otherwise). Yet...the car we are all seeing now with the diesel engine has none...and the physical exhaust tip(s) is hidden. So why the style difference with the diesel? And...does every single spy shot have the non-diesel engine in it?

3. That 3rd row is a joke. I know other brands have a similar cramped space...but the GV80 is just bad. Nobody over 5'7" can sit back there for more that 15 min of driving. Total bust. I probably wouldn't even get the optional 3rd row out and save the ~$1k it will cost. Extra passengers would be more comfortable sitting on the laps of the folks in the 2nd row...LOL. Heck...even on the floor.
    Plus...with the 3rd row you do not get a spare tire. Without it you do...be it big, small, etc...you still get one.

4. I cannot believe that we still do not have any clue if this thing comes with a tow package. And if it does...how much it can handle. Bizarre.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis G70
#4 is driving me crazy!

But my salesperson showed me a document they have stating that Feb 4/5 they have "GV80 Pre-Launch Training" where everyone in Canada is attending a session in Toronto. Then Feb 14 they are updating the pre-order with "additional product detail". So presumably they will get info on Canadian (which should closely resemble US) model specs. I have put my deposit down, but if there is no tow package I will be asking for a refund unfortunately.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums