• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

GV80 US Arrival

Basden53

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Is there any definitive information about when the SUV will begin arriving at US dealerships?

Londoner01

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They have it on the media site saying it’s coming in Summer time.
I am from Canada, (USA should be the same info). I pre-ordered my GV80 today over the internet from London Genesis in London Canada. You must put down a $1000.00 deposit which is fully refundable if you cancel.
Dealer sales personal will see the vehicles in person Feb 04 in Toronto and get all info. The GV80 will be on display at the
2020 Canadian International Autoshow - Toronto starting Feb 14-24..
First GV80's will arrive at dealers in June/2020.

KANE

How much is it costing in total?
I am from Canada, (USA should be the same info). I pre-ordered my GV80 today over the internet from London Genesis in London Canada. You must put down a $1000.00 deposit which is fully refundable if you cancel.
Dealer sales personal will see the vehicles in person Feb 04 in Toronto and get all info. The GV80 will be on display at the

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Wonder if it will be at the Philly Auto Show on Feb 8th.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You must have access to something that I can’t find. Could you please provide the link that says summer for the US . Much appreciated.
Back awhile back on Genesis USA Instagram. Genesis had confirmed that the Summer is when the GV80 will be coming out for US market. I don’t remember the post and I don’t remember the comments placement.

Londoner01

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Back awhile back on Genesis USA Instagram. Genesis had confirmed that the Summer is when the GV80 will be coming out for US market. I don’t remember the post and I don’t remember the comments placement.
I think if you visit a genuine Genesis dealer, they might have info, here in Canada, the Hyundai dealers are not receiving the new GV series. The Genesis dealer in my town is a stand alone Genesis dealership

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think if you visit a genuine Genesis dealer, they might have info, here in Canada, the Hyundai dealers are not receiving the new GV series. The Genesis dealer in my town is a stand alone Genesis dealership
I get that but half of the time these dealers have little to no info. It’s going to be summer that’s what I know for sure.

Londoner01

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I get that but half of the time these dealers have little to no info. It’s going to be summer that’s what I know for sure.
I just checked, the USA Genesis site does NOT mention the GV80. On the CANADA site you can "Reserve your Now".

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just checked, the USA Genesis site does NOT mention the GV80. On the CANADA site you can "Reserve your Now".
I’m aware of that. Like I’ve stated, on Genesis USA social media had the confirmation from Genesis saying “Summer 2020”

Basden53

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That information has not been released yet for North America.
Maybe start here with some “assumptions“ about base USD pricing:
Genesis GV80 Prices & New Specs Released - Korean Car Blog

Then go here:
Build Your Genesis GV80 - Build your own Genesis | Genesis Korea

Select a base price. Go through the build process...converting the pricing and options (KRW) to USD. You should be able to get an idea of what the car will cost you...base plus chosen options.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m only asking because a while back I doubt Genesis had any firm idea when it was coming to the US. And there is nothing official in the US media site as to a US date at least that I can find.

You know it for sure but you can’t say how or where? Maybe they were talking about Canada? Folks in Canada are saying summer. US always seems to get models months later. Why get prospective US buyers in a frenzy until Genesis says something US specific. Soon we will be hearing, well it’s June and it not here like they said it would be.

Attachments

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
I am very skeptical about release date that Genesis USA announce. I usually add 3 months to what they promise. 2020 G90 is an example.
I doubt the GV80 will be available in USA dealerships before Oct-Nov 2020, so mainly fall time

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am very skeptical about release date that Genesis USA announce. I usually add 3 months to what they promise. 2020 G90 is an example.
I doubt the GV80 will be available in USA dealerships before Oct-Nov 2020, so mainly fall time
I really wouldn’t doubt it as much. Reasons why they had huge delays with the G70 and G90 because of the dealership issues here. Genesis has for the most part has fixed it. Also the GV80 is an important model for the Genesis in USA. Summer sounds correct.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums