• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

GV80 US Arrival

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Hope so too because I really like the matte colors, Matterhorn white and Melbourne gray, but those are not on the US site.

On the price topic: I stopped by the dealership last night and spoke to a Genesis manager. He seemed to give more credence to the 50K-65K numbers that we have been hearing. He said those were the numbers he got from above. This dealership already has 4 deposits since the US launch.
Are dealerships actually accepting deposits...if so...in what amount? Is deposit considered just a placeholder...and is it refundable?

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Hope so too because I really like the matte colors, Matterhorn white and Melbourne gray, but those are not on the US site.

On the price topic: I stopped by the dealership last night and spoke to a Genesis manager. He seemed to give more credence to the 50K-65K numbers that we have been hearing. He said those were the numbers he got from above. This dealership already has 4 deposits since the US launch.

Barca

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Sorry I did not think to ask him for more details since I was not ready to proceed without pricing confirmation and the matte color that I love is not available as of right now to configure. My understanding is that 4 people have deposits and are in line already. I'm not sure if he was just saying it to create a sense of urgency. Will update next week if I find anything else on it.

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Sorry I did not think to ask him for more details since I was not ready to proceed without pricing confirmation and the matte color that I love is not available as of right now to configure. My understanding is that 4 people have deposits and are in line already. I'm not sure if he was just saying it to create a sense of urgency. Will update next week if I find anything else on it.
Thanks...

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
LOL It looks like you just proved yourself wrong. Try reading what #8 actually says, only the driver's seat offers massage.
Not to reignite a hot topic but saw this today from carbuzz.com:

2. Quilted Leather
If you want to jazz up a luxury interior in 2020, you add quilted leather. That is exactly what Genesis did with the GV80. Base models may not have the same level of upscale feel you see here but the examples we sat in were simply exquisite. The soft leather chairs feature diamond quilting in the first and second rows and there's even a quilted leather pad on the center console for the passenger to rest their knee. On higher trim models, those amazing seats will be heated and ventilated in the first and second rows and the first row will also offer a massage function.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Is there any definitive information about when the SUV will begin arriving at US dealerships?
FYI...a dealer with whom I have had some contact has indicated to me that his dealership should be able to begin ordering the GV80 around February 10th and therefore will have all pricing information available.

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My local dealer was as clueless as it gets. They knew about Miami and they said it was available mid summer, hopefully. When I asked about deposits, they said they had no idea, but if I wanted to do it, they would. I asked them how it works and they said again, they didn't know you could put deposits down, lol. I then asked why they asked me if I wanted to put money down on one. This is a dealer I asked about the GV80 a month ago and the manager said he didn't know if Genesis would even let them be a dealer. It's sad when a prospective customer knows SOOOO much more than they do. Oh well.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
....It's sad when a prospective customer knows SOOOO much more than they do. Oh well.
When I purchased and owned my Hyundai Genesis back in 2016 I literally could have stepped in as the "sales team" at our local dealer. They should have just called me when a potential Genesis customer walked in and I could have run in and demo'd the car and honestly they'd have sold a lot more cars - and I suck at sales. That said I had an excellent service writer at the dealership as he was really interested in the car and took it upon himself to get up to speed on it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums