• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

GV80 US Arrival

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks like the GV80 for the USA market will be revealed during the Super Bowl...

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I agree on leasing. I have only done it once and hated the costs involved. Never again. I hope it comes to the US in Jun as many feel it will. I'd want to order mind to be delivered by Oct when my LEASE (ouch) runs out on my Jag. I love the looks of this car and hope that it handles nicely (the biggest reason I got the Jag in the first place).

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That's fair to say. I got a great lease factor and paid nothing down. The residual is what it is. I am close with my accountant and he ran numbers for nearly every car I was looking at. Not one lease made sense no matter how it was set up. I also think I'm a decent shopper. I could find a much better deal on my own car mile for mile buying on the used market. Again, there are exceptions to most rules, but in leasing, not many based on the finance guys I am close with (not a finance guy).

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hopefully one feature they add for the US market is a massaging seat for the passenger since it seems the Korean version only has that for the driver. It seems like many, if not most, of the folks who get the massage get it for their wife as a passenger.
Agreed! Almost a negative selling point. I would be reluctant to try to explain to my wife massage feature only available for driver. That would go over like a “Led Zeppelin.”

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They both seem to be massage seats. I agree, that I wouldn't want to get any car with only the drivers seat a massage seat. Mercedes did that in the past that was just another reason I passed on one.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks like Canada and the USA will get the GV80 at the same time...this coming summer. Sure...could be days, weeks or a month difference...but it won't be such a difference in launch like the G70...or even the new G90. Since all the State Licensing is complete...and the dealer network is in place (although a bloody mess)...there is no reason to delay the release in the USA.

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Leasing is usually more expensive. But, not always. I bought my ‘19 Santa Fe via lease and paid it off when the first payment notice arrived. Why? Because at the time Hyundai was offering greater $$$ incentives for leasing than buying. I also did the deal wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
Probably a good article but unless you subscribe you can't get to it. Even turned off the ad blocker.
Generally speaking, the ownership cost of 9 years for one car is very likely cheaper than leasing the same model of car for 3 new models every 3 years for total of 9 years but adding how much maintenance you will spend then you may end up with very minimal difference.
Additionally, you are driving the same car for 9 years vs 3 new cars.
It really all depends on how much you want to spend on luxury and unnecessary non critical stuff in your life.
If leasing a 70k car is funny and doesn't make sense, buying it doesn't make sense either.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Chicago Auto Show official website says the GV80 will be in their booth: 2021 - Genesis - GV80 - Vehicles on Display | Chicago Auto Show That would make sense if indeed they DO run their US intro during the Superbowl on 2/2....with pricing, specs to follow in the summer and the first cars coming in early fall of 2020. That's my guess.

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Pretty exciting if you ask me. The more I see, the more I love the looks inside and out. I'm also one of those who must have a seat that I love. I have MS and Transverse Myelitis so I must stay comfortable even driving around town. That's been a big draw of the Mercedes GLE. They have seats that continually move from top to bottom. These seats look like they will be just as good or better. I also need an SUV that I can put my rollator in without putting the handles down (so the compact SUV"s are out of the question. The truck on this will be plenty wide enough.

I'm so curious on pricing though.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums