• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

GV80 US Arrival

Backslack

Registered Member
Sorry Ben, but I'd rather take C&D's word on the price (since they were actually at the launch event and spoke with some of the top Genesis brass) over your anonymous friend's family member with vague connections to Hyundai. No need to stir the pot with unsubstantiated rumors that contradict existing information.

benboy12

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry Ben, but I'd rather take C&D's word on the price (since they were actually at the launch event and spoke with some of the top Genesis brass) over your anonymous family friend with vauge connections to Hyundai. No need to stir the pot with unsubstantiated rumors that contradict existing information.
Not trying to stir the pot at all. Just passing along the info I came across. I like C&D’s pricing much better.

Basden53

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is from the Korean Car Blog: “According to Hyundai Motor sales representatives, the GV80 2.5T gasoline is priced at KRW 58.5 million ($49,120) to 63.5 million won ($53,315), the GV80 3.5T gasoline is 70 million ($58,776) to 80 million won ($67,163) and the GV80 3.0D diesel is 64.5 million ($54,158) to 82.5 million won ($69,272). Gasoline will be added next month after diesel models are released this month.”

Here is the link:
Genesis GV80 Prices & New Specs Released - Korean Car Blog

dreamerak

Getting familiar with the group...
Bellevue WA
This is from the Korean Car Blog: “According to Hyundai Motor sales representatives, the GV80 2.5T gasoline is priced at KRW 58.5 million ($49,120) to 63.5 million won ($53,315), the GV80 3.5T gasoline is 70 million ($58,776) to 80 million won ($67,163) and the GV80 3.0D diesel is 64.5 million ($54,158) to 82.5 million won ($69,272). Gasoline will be added next month after diesel models are released this month.”

Here is the link:
Genesis GV80 Prices & New Specs Released - Korean Car Blog
Do those prices include South Korean vat?

MrLatte

Registered Member
Washington State
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So far I'd have to say to take the site configurator with a grain of salt. The GV80 brought to Miami was the highest-spec Prestige trim with the 3.5 TT, and it came with the third-row seats. I would be shocked if that model isn't indicative of what we'll be getting here in the US. We've got months before the car even hits dealer lots, so no need to worry yet.
That's true! OK, I'll still hold out hope I can get the Prestige package with the 3rd row.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ I did. Who gives a shit based on your logic. All my articles were posted after the S.Korean reveal...yet they mean nothing.

Go hang out and spend your days annoying the piss out of people on the BMW forum. Fme.

To settle this once and for all...here is your f'ing proof...from the manufacturer. Scroll on down to point #8...read it long and hard.

Note...not only is it available in the 2 front seats...but also in the 2nd row.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

equus2013

Registered Member
Nashville, TN
Yeah I personally think the US build website doesn't list all the available options nor does it list them correctly. There's some discrepancies.

I listed a couple in my previous post. Now I've learned that there's 2 white (gloss) color options. I've never heard or seen the ALTA white before. The Matte finish white is called Matterhorn White and its not listed.

Also, the Lexicon sound system in the new GV80 was announced to have 18 speakers (total watts unknown) but the US website says it has 21 speakers. Lexicon hasn't even updated it's website to add the GV80 yet.

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL It looks like you just proved yourself wrong. Try reading what #8 actually says, only the driver's seat offers massage.
Wow...you never give up do you. Here...let me copy and paste for you.

"The third-generation Ergo Motion seats reduce fatigue by adjusting each different air cell." So that is settled...massaging (or Genesis version of it).

Next quote for you...

"The third-generation Ergo Motion seats in the front and back are bejeweling Genesis's flagship SUV GV80 for high-quality comfort of the cabin. GV80 houses second-row VIP seats to provide the ultimate in seating comfort."

The driver's seat has extra Ergo Motion features that offer different types of stretches to help with long drives (I can provide a screen shot of the menu screen). Quote...

"The active motion driver’s seat that contains seven air cells has a feature that reduces fatigue from long hours of driving."

You are becoming a f'ing troll man.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you, saved me the trouble of doing that. Do you see now where you are wrong?

The Ergo Motion seat is the method for providing adjustments to the seat and have nothing to do with massage. The only massaging seat is the driver seat and that is the option called Active motion.
I give up. Troll.

Active Motion is not massaging. It is 7 cells that fill up with air as road condition change. It can also perform different stretching for long drives.

Find a f'ing hobby dude. No need to reply. Over it. Can't wait for it to come out with full specs.

Last edited:

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Spoke with a friend who manages a stand alone Genesis dealership. They were told the driver has the special seat with the extra airbags. They were also told that it’s driver and passenger massage seats. He wasn’t sure about the rear outboard seats but someone there said they thought the fully loaded did. They didn’t know what trim level has this.

he said that the information is difficult to come by for the US specs, butGenesis has told them they know that they need to offer the US market as much as possible etc.

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah I personally think the US build website doesn't list all the available options nor does it list them correctly. There's some discrepancies.

I listed a couple in my previous post. Now I've learned that there's 2 white (gloss) color options. I've never heard or seen the ALTA white before. The Matte finish white is called Matterhorn White and its not listed.

Also, the Lexicon sound system in the new GV80 was announced to have 18 speakers (total watts unknown) but the US website says it has 21 speakers. Lexicon hasn't even updated it's website to add the GV80 yet.
I can’t imagine that the colours on the US website are correct, unless they use different names for the same colours that are offered in Korea. For example, Adriatic Blue has been available years on other Genesis models, but is not the Royal Blue shown on the Korean GV80 website. I can’t imagine they are doing entirely different paint colours for the US market. I’m hoping these are just placeholders.

Barca

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Hope so too because I really like the matte colors, Matterhorn white and Melbourne gray, but those are not on the US site.

On the price topic: I stopped by the dealership last night and spoke to a Genesis manager. He seemed to give more credence to the 50K-65K numbers that we have been hearing. He said those were the numbers he got from above. This dealership already has 4 deposits since the US launch.

Londoner01

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Hope so too because I really like the matte colors, Matterhorn white and Melbourne gray, but those are not on the US site.

On the price topic: I stopped by the dealership last night and spoke to a Genesis manager. He seemed to give more credence to the 50K-65K numbers that we have been hearing. He said those were the numbers he got from above. This dealership already has 4 deposits since the US launch.
We are all guessing regarding the pricing, but I feel Genesis needs an instant winner. I don't think they can overlook Lexus with their RX and RXL.
Also Acura with the new 2021 MDX arriving sometime later this year. I would definitely take the GV80 over the RX or MDX, but these vehicles are well established and competition. But as I said, we are only guessing regarding pricing and even all the features and accessories.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums