H&R lowering springs for RWD/ Garage Line spacers

rkar

Registered Member
Finally got around to taking a few pics. Springs feel good on the car. I went with H&R after reading a few reviews on the stinger forums specific to RWD models since my car is RWD and wanted to stick with those springs. They don't have the "reverse rake" as you would call them which most of the springs have on our vehicles. They are a bit stiff. I drive the car on sport mode most of the time. Car feels more planted and corners a lot better than stock. Also looks better. Spacers brought the wheels out and fit them flush under the wheel wells. Overall I'm happy with this setup. Haven't had any issues. If any of you have the RWD version of the 3.3 you guys can try out these springs if you would like to lower your car. I'll post a few pics I took today. Have had these on the car for about 6K miles now. Car has about 7500 miles all together. My rear tires are almost gone, so it would look more flush with new tires on it. Don't mistaken it for a reverse rake.

Attachments

MisterG

Registered Member
Genesis G70
It looks incredible. I have the same car in white and hope to eventually do the same. What size spacers did you use?

Miltonguerrero93

Registered Member
Genesis G70
What size spacer are you using.. im getting coilovers put on this weekend and was wondering spacer sizes to look flush?

Looks great by the way.. i got the same rims except mine are black

Trojanlawyer

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Finally got around to taking a few pics. Springs feel good on the car. I went with H&R after reading a few reviews on the stinger forums specific to RWD models since my car is RWD and wanted to stick with those springs. They don't have the "reverse rake" as you would call them which most of the springs have on our vehicles. They are a bit stiff. I drive the car on sport mode most of the time. Car feels more planted and corners a lot better than stock. Also looks better. Spacers brought the wheels out and fit them flush under the wheel wells. Overall I'm happy with this setup. Haven't had any issues. If any of you have the RWD version of the 3.3 you guys can try out these springs if you would like to lower your car. I'll post a few pics I took today. Have had these on the car for about 6K miles now. Car has about 7500 miles all together. My rear tires are almost gone, so it would look more flush with new tires on it. Don't mistaken it for a reverse rake.
Is the H&R part number 28701-2?

Trojanlawyer

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So i went with coilovers and 20mm all the way with stock rims here's how it looks so far.. gotta adjust the fronts a bit more..dont mind the doggie lol
So I assume that there is no rub on the front wheels with no fender modification, correct? Essentially on the front stock wheels (+34 offset) you subtracted 20mm for a total of +14 offset. I ask because I am looking at front wheels that are 19x8.5 +20. If yours don't rub than I shouldn't have an issue. Thanks.

MisterG

Registered Member
Genesis G70
ARC GT-F and 20mm spacers be installed now on my 3.3 RWD.
C8A24860-CC6D-4CF4-A813-74AEC6AE7883.jpeg

Miltonguerrero93

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So I assume that there is no rub on the front wheels with no fender modification, correct? Essentially on the front stock wheels (+34 offset) you subtracted 20mm for a total of +14 offset. I ask because I am looking at front wheels that are 19x8.5 +20. If yours don't rub than I shouldn't have an issue. Thanks.
Yea no rubbish at all... i actually think i could even put 25 mm spacer with no issues... i still have a lot of space to get rid off in the front to get a flush look.. so whenever i get enough money to buy rims i might go 9 or 9.5 wide with +30

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
I’m no expert on springs, but I did stay at a quality inn last night: H&R RWD specific lowering springs

Seems to be a specific part number for rwd vs awd springs. Hope this helps

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
damn i just bought 15mm spacers and it did not fit with the stock wheels oem studs hits the back of the wheel.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis G70
So i went with coilovers and 20mm all the way with stock rims here's how it looks so far.. gotta adjust the fronts a bit more..dont mind the doggie lol
I like the look of your car and have been pondering to install coilovers, instead of lowering springs on mine (AWD). I'm paranoid that I'm going to rip the bottom out of my cah. Have you had any issues scraping the undercarriage or the front lip? I don't want to ruin the great driving experience by constantly being concerned about damaging the vehicle. Which coilovers did you install?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums