Has Anyone Figured Out a Solution for Lowering Springs?

tommyjin

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm on the hunt for springs as well, at this point, do we have any G70s running on lowering springs?
I've seen plenty on instagram, but they seem to be all from Korea. And I read a post in the G70 exterior forum that someone is installing lowering springs meant for Kia Stinger. I'm waiting to see the results for that.

bodye757

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I got the storm springs from Korea and I'm still waiting on them. It's been 6 weeks now and the tracking number says they are in route.

Sid3ways

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just saw this on the Facebook group for G70 owners. Shark Springs appear to not do much for this owner.

Sid3ways

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I see another user on there with the ARK springs. I think it looks good. Just needs some spacers now to sit flush with the wheel wells ;)

bodye757

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Storm springs finally came after 50 days. Just need to get them installed. Hopefully I dont run into trouble like Scott Saxon. The mech said it's going to run around 700 for the install and alignments. Regardless, they stay on because I'm not paying them to swap them out. I'll have pictures up shortly of the before and after

Attachments

GMonee16

Registered Member
Elizabethtown, KY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Storm springs finally came after 50 days. Just need to get them installed. Hopefully I dont run into trouble like Scott Saxon. The mech said it's going to run around 700 for the install and alignments. Regardless, they stay on because I'm not paying them to swap them out. I'll have pictures up shortly of the before and after
$700 for the install!? Waaay to much in my opinion. If you are in KY in the near future, let me know. I can get them install myself for half of that. 3 hrs tops.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
spend 30 bucks on spring compression tool and watch a youtube video on how to do it. easy, just did mine yesterday the front suspension is a bit different then most cars. just gotta take off the steering link and sway bar link and the top 3 bolts then swing the shock down and outside the fender. seen here in this video at 55 seconds
rear suspension is super easy just remove the two bolts on the lower arm and lower the arm down with a jack and swap the spring

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl

My install was $369.00.
Included alignment.
Dynasty Automoyive and Racing in Orlando.

I’m Scott Saxton from the Genesis G70 Facebook Group.

I’m happy with the rear height. Could be a 1/2” lower IMO, but it looks a bit better than it did.

I do wish the front was lower. Attaching pics which were shared on the FB page.

Attachments

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My install was $369.00.
Included alignment.
Dynasty Automoyive and Racing in Orlando.

I’m Scott Saxton from the Genesis G70 Facebook Group.

I’m happy with the rear height. Could be a 1/2” lower IMO, but it looks a bit better than it did.

I do wish the front was lower. Attaching pics which were shared on the FB page.
What springs did you use?

Sid3ways

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another Eibach user from the Facebook group. I think I’ll be going Stinger Eibach springs for my AWD. 19334

Above was at install and below is after it settled.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.