• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone installed USB ports in the rear seating area?

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The one thing the G80 is missing for me is USB ports in the rear. With 2 teenage girls at home it would be great to have 2 USB ports in the rear seating area. I think the best place would be in the center council below the air conditioning ports. And maybe the doors would be next. I have been running wires from the center 12 Volt outlet to the back seat and it is just unsightly and kind of a PITA to do all the time. I know someone on the forum said there camera installer said they could add one and I may check with the local tinting audio installers to see what they can do.

Don88

♪I'll Take You There♫ Staple Singers My G80 Tune
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

BretL

Registered Member
Heber Springs, AR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Here's mine in the armrest, pass through door...fuse is in the split loom, connections soldered and heat sinked. 12V source and 2 USB. The right button is on/off and the blue light in the photo is actually the voltage readout.
https://s173.photobucket.com/user/blpski/media/IMG_1987_zpsk96gfuw1.jpg.html]

[/URL]]
[/URL]

[/URL][/URL]]
[/URL]

[/URL][/URL]]
[/URL][/URL]

Last edited:

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Here's mine in the armrest, pass through door...fuse is in the split loom, connections soldered and heat sinked. 12V source and 2 USB. The right button is on/off and the blue light in the photo is actually the voltage readout.
https://s173.photobucket.com/user/blpski/media/IMG_1987_zpsk96gfuw1.jpg.html]

[/URL][/URL]]
[/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]]
[/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]]
[/URL][/URL]
Looks like a neat job. Looks good!

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This looks like a good solution. However I use my pass-through from time to time so not the best solution for me. Still this is a neat job and would be some what easy. I assume you have a direct connect to the battery? I was thinking of something similar only coming up through the rear deck where the speakers are located or one of the rear side sills. Thanks for the post it has given me some ideas.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
This looks like a good solution. However I use my pass-through from time to time so not the best solution for me. Still this is a neat job and would be some what easy. I assume you have a direct connect to the battery? I was thinking of something similar only coming up through the rear deck where the speakers are located or one of the rear side sills. Thanks for the post it has given me some ideas.
I am still scratching my head about why they did not put at least 1 USB or 12v outlet . Really is strange!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
What model do you have? My Ultimate has two, one on the consul, one inside the center arm rest. Never needed one in the back but certainly would be handy for some people,
I have a 15 5.0 Ultimate. I looked in the console for one and did not see anything?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Wow really! I dont have people in my back seat ever. But having only 1 USB in car stinks!👎
My ‘19 Santa Fe has one 12V plug in the rear deck side wall, as well as a 115V house plug on the back of the console and two USB plugs. The dash has the two USB plugs, plus one 12V outlet. Also, the wireless charging plate behind the shifter.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums