• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Has anyone purchased a gv70 or g70 through the costco auto program?

happymonk335

Apologies if this was posted already, but didnt see anything in the search function with "costco". just curious if anyone has purchased a gv70 or g70 through the costco auto program? How was the process?

happymonk335

I tried but there were no participating dealers in my area.
Thanks same for me in Chicago. I tried entering in a different zip code (seattle) and it came back with a dealership. My question is do you have to live near the dealership to get the costco deal?

kyzerdurdindirty

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wait...so you can purchase automobiles through Costco too?!?!?!?!

tusc

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

kyzerdurdindirty

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Provided the program is available in your area. With the current inventory shortage many dealers are not participating in the Costco program.

What the....we def have Costco out by us and my SIL and BIL love it, everything is from Costco for them grocery and most other things wise and I really like the company myself as well. I've never heard of this program before and I wonder if they did or didn't too. Glad I found this thread. 😉

Lgb0250

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It’s actually a vehicle buying service from Costco, they don’t actually sell the vehicle. You can buy from any Costco dealer you can find nationwide. you are not limited geographically. What you are limited to is finding a dealer that participates. There aren’t many out there participating for Genesis. But, I was recently shopping for a Toyota Camry XSE in MD where it seems like all the dealers are adding a $4995 market adjustment. I found a Costco dealer locally that would sell me one $1100 under MSRP with no market adjustment. So, finding a Costco dealer can be lucrative on certain vehicles. In the old days (pre pandemic) you could even negotiate the Costco price. With inventory being so limited on all vehicle those kind of deals have disappeared. Here’s a link I used just last night Costco Auto Program │ Car buying made easy │ New vehicles & more! The price of a Costco membership can be returned by 1000’s in savings. I’ve bought three vehicles over the years using this program and it most definitely works.

chiefsalami

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
These days, there are essentially no dealers participating in the Costco auto program. They don't have to, because they are making a killing on these market-adjusted deals, and the whole point of the Costco program is preset pricing. I was considering several cars (BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Genesis, Acura, etc.) when I decided to buy my G70, but none of those makes had any participating dealers that I could find. Although I negotiated a deal likely better than what I would have obtained through Costco's pricing anyway... you just have to work hard and play dealers off each other to get the best deal possible. Even in this ridiculous market, they still need to sell cars in order to make commissions, so you can still negotiate a deal.