• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Head unit upgrade

Robertnlissa

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a 2012 Genesis sedan without touchscreen, I had an amp and subwoofer installed but I was told that I can't upgrade to a touchscreen even one from the same type of vehicle. Is it true that the only way I can upgrade my radio is to get a unavi unit because I proceed them and they are expensive, between $1100 & $1500!!!

Big shot tazzo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I have a 09' 4.6 and I'm looking to do the same thing. Wondering if i get a double din raido bezel if that would help . if you find anything out pass the info along

Flarfignewton

Hasn't posted much yet...
Pittsburgh, PA
Genesis Model Type
The problem you'll run into is the radio displays the temperature of the HVAC system as it doesn't have it's own display.

Robertnlissa

Genesis Model Type
I have a 09' 4.6 and I'm looking to do the same thing. Wondering if i get a double din raido bezel if that would help . if you find anything out pass the info along
Well from what I've heard and understand, if you have a factory radio that's not touchscreen or have navigation, the only option is to get a unavi radio, that's the only thing that will work, at least for my car and they're very expensive!

Big shot tazzo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Well from what I've heard and understand, if you have a factory radio that's not touchscreen or have navigation, the only option is to get a unavi radio, that's the only thing that will work, at least for my car and they're very expensive!
I hope There's another option cause they are very expensive