Headlight issue

rasprayberry

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
About a month ago my headlights started going out, starting with my low beams, then high beams, and then running lights until I had zero working lights. Took it to a shop and they said the bulbs just needed replacing. Picked it up and everything was fine that afternoon- drove it from the shop to work, work to home, then home to gym with no problems. Leaving the gym my auto lights wouldn’t come on (it was 8:30 and dark), my cabin lights wouldn’t come on, my high beams wouldn’t work, and as I was driving my seat belt alarm started going off and continued to do so even after I put the car in park. Took it back to the same shop and just got a call from them saying they’ve looked at it every which way and can’t figure out what the issue is.

My first thought was maybe an issue with the wiring harness- back in October my fiance replaced the factory bulbs with Xenon bulbs, so we thought maybe they were pulling too much power and just frying the bulbs as a whole. When the shop replaced them a couple weeks ago, they used standard/factory bulbs, and the problem has persisted. Taking it straight to Hyundai is my last resort because the way my bank account is set up I don't have $200/hour to give them to diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.