heat in the front a/c in the back

ltzrok

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
Strangest thing, in Toronto we are averaging temps of -15c so both my driver and passenger side temps are set to max, my car takes at least 10km of city driving before the temp guage even moves, and the other day I reached in the back seat to grab a kleenex and noticed the vent that comes out of the centre console and blows into the back seat area is blowing ice cold a/c air, checked the dash lights, a/c is off, temps are at max settings for pass & driver, how can this be, thats why my car never gets warm inside, what can be the issue, should I be booking a dealer visit? This even happens on a 2 hour city drive with temp guage right in the normal range....... very confused.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Could be a damper stuck in the wrong position. Had that happen on a different car. Or the heat was accidentally turned off in the back.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I'm guessing your '12 Genesis is new to you. Maybe you didn't get a manual. In your '12 Genesis the rear HVAC controls operate independently from the front zones. Turn both rear control dials to the down (off) position. You don't need to blow any air to the back seat unless somebody is sitting there. If you do need HVAC in the back seat, just turn the appropriate rear control knob to HEAT or COOL.

ltzrok

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #4
I'm guessing your '12 Genesis is new to you. Maybe you didn't get a manual. In your '12 Genesis the rear HVAC controls operate independently from the front zones. Turn both rear control dials to the down (off) position. You don't need to blow any air to the back seat unless somebody is sitting there. If you do need HVAC in the back seat, just turn the appropriate rear control knob to HEAT or COOL.
Thanks for the info, yes I am a new Genesis owner, and no I did not get a manual, waiting for the dealer to get the one in he ordered for me when I picked up the car. I adjusted the rear temp control to hot ( it was on cold) and kept it open as I do carry passengers, Thanks again.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thanks for the info, yes I am a new Genesis owner, and no I did not get a manual, waiting for the dealer to get the one in he ordered for me when I picked up the car. I adjusted the rear temp control to hot ( it was on cold) and kept it open as I do carry passengers, Thanks again.
"Well, King, it looks like this case is closed." (SGT. Preston of the Yukon)

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
"Well, King, it looks like this case is closed." (SGT. Preston of the Yukon)
Maybe not. The 1G Genesis rear HVAC controls have a habit of shifting without anyone touching them. So it may require periodic adjustment to make sure they are set correctly. There are several old threads on this subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info, yes I am a new Genesis owner, and no I did not get a manual, waiting for the dealer to get the one in he ordered for me when I picked up the car.
You can register for free at www.myhyundai.com (you will need your VIN number) and be able to download all those manuals in PDF format.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.