• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

heated seats /auto start

Analog

Registered Member
My understanding is: no, not without doing some custom wiring. Which someone on here has performed (successfully.)

Would be nice if this were programmable e.g. configure just the driver's seat to come on versus all four. At least the heated steering wheel works (iirc.)

Nikgen

Been here awhile...
My understanding is: no, not without doing some custom wiring. Which someone on here has performed (successfully.)

Would be nice if this were programmable e.g. configure just the driver's seat to come on versus all four. At least the heated steering wheel works (iirc.)
Unfortunately, I've found that the heated steering wheel does not kick in with autostart until you actually enter the car.

lobsenza

Registered Member
Austin, TX
I added automatic turn on to the heated seats. My cost was about $40 and i can select auto turn on of heated or cooled seats. It is a little tricky to do and I discussed the details in another thread.

bobbyvzw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks everyone. That sheds alot of light. Kinda defeats the purpose to not allow them on. Ill talk to my local guy and see what he says

Pahaska

Registered Member
Austin, TX
My Silverado truck has remote start and, depending on the outside temperature, it either preheats or precools both leather seats and starts the heater or AC operating. Kind of nice in Texas weather. When I get in and turn the key on, the seats go off. The heater and AC go back to the last setting. If I wish to keep the seats operating, I have to turn them back on manually.

Otherwise the truck always starts with the seats off and I prefer it that way.

mfrish

Registered Member
Denver, CO
That's one of my issues with the Genesis. I don't understand why the heated seats don't start with the last setting when you turn it on. I've had 5 or 6 cars with heated seats, including a Sonata and Santa Fe, and all of them kept the settings that were active when the car was turned off.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums