Heated Steering wheel just lukewarm

LoveMyGV70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Does anyone know whether the heated steering wheel can be adjusted to be warmer? I live in a cold climate and even with the steering wheel on the high setting, it is just so-so in warmth. It was one of the reasons I went with the advanced model, and I had expected it to be warmer than it is. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

stsk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Does anyone know whether the heated steering wheel can be adjusted to be warmer? I live in a cold climate and even with the steering wheel on the high setting, it is just so-so in warmth. It was one of the reasons I went with the advanced model, and I had expected it to be warmer than it is. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.
May be malfunctioning. Mine gets pretty hot on high setting. You might find an accurate infrared thermometer and check the temperature after it's warmed up completely. Might save you a trip to the dealer or at least give you something to tell them.

AlanJC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Mine is just fine. Please note as "stsk" alluded to - there are two settings. Press the button once and you are on "high", press it again and it will move to a lower setting and the light shows on only half the button.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Mine is just fine. Please note as "stsk" alluded to - there are two settings. Press the button once and you are on "high", press it again and it will move to a lower setting and the light shows on only half the button.
Only way to tell is to put numbers on it. My heat tolerance is Heinz Ketchup yet other but all sorts of hot sauces and death peppers. I have an infrared thermometer and find it very handy. Stsk is right, Without numbers, who knows? Oh, not just numbers but differential to ambient would help too.

LoveMyGV70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Only way to tell is to put numbers on it. My heat tolerance is Heinz Ketchup yet other but all sorts of hot sauces and death peppers. I have an infrared thermometer and find it very handy. Stsk is right, Without numbers, who knows? Oh, not just numbers but differential to ambient would help too.
Checked with thermometer. On high setting mine runs between 90 and 92. My seat heat, on the other hand, gets as warm as 120. Has anyone else checked steering wheel heat?

gardenstate24

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I just took my GV70
In today for this issue. Coming from a 2019 Santa Fe where the heated steering wheel could heat the whole car the GV70 is underwhelming

The service tech used the thermal gun even thou it feels like it’s not that hot it showed 92/93 top / bottom of steerin wheel and 83 on the sides. Im told her this is hot. And it’s not meant to be very hot

I am probably going to take it to another genesis dealer as 15 to 20 minutes into a ride even though the steering wheel heating is on it’s not warm at all so I just don’t know

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just took my GV70
In today for this issue. Coming from a 2019 Santa Fe where the heated steering wheel could heat the whole car the GV70 is underwhelming

The service tech used the thermal gun even thou it feels like it’s not that hot it showed 92/93 top / bottom of steerin wheel and 83 on the sides. Im told her this is hot. And it’s not meant to be very hot

I am probably going to take it to another genesis dealer as 15 to 20 minutes into a ride even though the steering wheel heating is on it’s not warm at all so I just don’t know
They should be able to look up a spec. I did read that Nissan Maxima/Infiniti only heats to 68 degrees but my G80 is above that, Tesla will get to 98.8

LoveMyGV70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I just took my GV70

I'd like to know what you are told by the second dealership. I haven't taken mine in yet. I was waiting for when it needs it's first service.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

stsk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It would be useful to also know what ambient temperature is, not just temp of the wheel. i.e. 94 when it's 25 F is quite different from 94 when it's 86 outside.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Just curious. If you grasp a steering wheel that is 92 F, does that mean your 98.6 body is warming up the steering wheel?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners