Hello from Colorado!

Soledad

Getting familiar with the group...
I have a Silverstone Genesis Coupe 3.8GT. I live about 35 miles north east of Denver on I-76. And I seem to be the only GC in a very large radius. If I see another GC I'll give ya wave.

I've been noticing I get people on the highway coming up on me real fast to pass. They then slow way down and hang out in the passing lane just behind me (probably trying to figure out what the car is) and then eventually speed up and finish the pass.

Ron

Registered Member
Alliance, Ne
Hi from western Nebraska. New here. We bought our first Genny (09 3.8 with premium pkg) in Feb. I live in Alliance. Two hrs north of I-80 if you get off at either Kimball or Sidney. I have not seen any Genesis model in this area but ours.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Welcome from Athens, GA . I have seen several sedans in and around Athens. Also saw a few in Huntsville AL a few weeks ago.

plubalin

Hasn't posted much yet...
New York
You see very few in the New York City area as well.

I posted an opinion on this site a couple of weeks ago suggesting that perhaps the car's conservative styling had something to do with the fact that you don't see more. I got hammered! I was told that the styling is "classic." Had Hyundai styled the Genesis along the lines of the Sonata, the 2012 Azera (even the new Elantra) I believe you would see more of them. And I'll bet you'll see a lot more sexiness in the next generation.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. I'm on my second one. But in my humble opinion, the Genesis is purely a left-brain (logical) purchase. You buy it because, given what you get for the money, you'd be crazy to buy anything else. It's not a car that really makes your heart beat faster - although the 4.6 comes close. I honestly believe that adding a little swoop and sex to the design would have made a world of difference in sales. Just one guy's opinion. Let's see what happens with the 2012.

Tin

Getting familiar with the group...
I found it to somewhat not true. My wife and I started car searching last year, everything we looked at, either too small, too ugly, etc... we ran into a used 4.6, and we couldn't stop thinking about it. It does carry a classic look to it, along with the luxury styling. I turn my head to look at the Genessis every time there is one pass by (before we bought the car, and still do). We have so many compiments from friends and family on the style and how quiet the car is.

Gurkha

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Quebec
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
But in my humble opinion, the Genesis is purely a left-brain (logical) purchase. You buy it because, given what you get for the money, you'd be crazy to buy anything else.

Would have to agree with this as it was my main (but not only) reason for buying in the first place.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
For the last 20 years I think all my vehicle purchases have been made with the left-brain. Bad to buy a house or car using mainly emotions but people do it everyday.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums