• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help - my 2009 4.6 started to emit tone sound all the time

375ponies

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi,
It happens whether engine is off or on. My regular mechanic doesn’t know what’s going on. It’s loudest near central stack where DVD player is. Did anyone experience something like this?

Here is the video:

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
That sounds a bit like the "key not in vehicle" warning tone you get when you close the door when the car is running and the key fob is not inside the car. If the car will not start unless you insert the fob into the dash slot, then I would look first at the wireless key fob receiver. Whatever circuit is driving the little warning speaker is probably toast, or the module (or both).

375ponies

Hasn't posted much yet...
That sounds a bit like the "key not in vehicle" warning tone you get when you close the door when the car is running and the key fob is not inside the car. If the car will not start unless you insert the fob into the dash slot, then I would look first at the wireless key fob receiver. Whatever circuit is driving the little warning speaker is probably toast, or the module (or both).
Yeah, all remotes stopped working more or less, that happened years ago :) the only way to start the car is to insert key fob into console. Changing batteries on fobs doesn't help so i guess it's something more serious. But this is another issue that i accepted to deal with and this was the case for years anyway.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums