HELP on color choice!!!

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new G70 but going crazy trying to decide between 3 colors...Red, Siver, Gray. Saw a red one today and was a little disappointed (had too much orange in it). Currently have a silver Audi A7 which I love, but was also thinking that the Gray might be a nice change (if not a little too dark). Thinking Gray or Black interior minus the red stitching no matter which exterior color. Want a head turner for sure. HELP, please!

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I love every single color for the G70. My favorite is Havana Red.... ooooffff with the red brembos and red stitching I dream of it at night.

Pick the color that makes you smile when you look back at the car everyday!

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I love every single color for the G70. My favorite is Havana Red.... ooooffff with the red brembos and red stitching I dream of it at night.

Pick the color that makes you smile when you look back at the car everyday!
Exactly what I am hoping to do...thanks!

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just looks a little flat to me...probably a reason we see so many of those other colors out there!
I heard that dealers tend to stock a lot of those colors because they're seen as go-to colors for the people who lease cars, and bright colors tend to sit on the lot longer. I hear you on the "flat" look, but I like it. Same with ceramic silver on the Stinger.

PK_Driven

Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new G70 but going crazy trying to decide between 3 colors...Red, Siver, Gray. Saw a red one today and was a little disappointed (had too much orange in it). Currently have a silver Audi A7 which I love, but was also thinking that the Gray might be a nice change (if not a little too dark). Thinking Gray or Black interior minus the red stitching no matter which exterior color. Want a head turner for sure. HELP, please!
Personally I'm leaning towards the Mallorca Blue or the Adriatic Blue. The Havana Red looks pretty good too or the Himalayan Gray. That being said I don't think you can go wrong with any of the color options.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I feel in the same boat. I really enjoy the grey/copper motif but I also love the look of Siberian Ice and Mallorca Blue.

I think it'll be a tossup and depend on what's available at the dealership. Either that or I'll just pick a random number.

I'd really like to know how they all look when dirty as my current 2015 Genesis is black and shows nearly every speck of dirt. If anyone has insight on that, that would be rad.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'd really like to know how they all look when dirty as my current 2015 Genesis is black and shows nearly every speck of dirt. If anyone has insight on that, that would be rad.
HG is likely to show the least dirt. My brother has a similar color Q50 and the dirt wasn't very noticeable when he didn't wash it for a month.

Personally I'm leaning towards the Mallorca Blue or the Adriatic Blue.
Not a single regret picking AB. It's hard to stop staring and the pearl in the paint makes it transform (unfortunately only in color, not into a robot) in varied lighting. Does show a decent bit of dirt up close, but I'm going to be washing weekly anyways.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
HG is likely to show the least dirt. My brother has a similar color Q50 and the dirt wasn't very noticeable when he didn't wash it for a month.
That's awesome news. I really like the Grey + Copper look; my laptop and headphones match.

I'll still probably toss it up, I feel if I get the blue I could get it wrapped later. But I could do the same with the grey. There really is no wrong way to go.

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm if course biased and love the HG. The way it looks in different lighting is amazing and the amount of sparkle in the flake in the sunlight is dazzling! No matter what color you choose you can't go wrong. Genesis did a great job with all the colors.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm if course biased and love the HG. The way it looks in different lighting is amazing and the amount of sparkle in the flake in the sunlight is dazzling! No matter what color you choose you can't go wrong. Genesis did a great job with all the colors.
Thanks, CMCdavis! Am starting to lean toward the HG. Would be a nice change from my current Silver and am glad to hear how it sparkles in the sunlight! Which interior did you go with?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you go with the Sport trim, your interior colors are black (red stitch) or black (grey stitch) -- both look good.
I went with Prestige trim and "grey" interior--which is really more "2-tone"--grey and black. I love it. :love:
Color is very much a preference thing--and although I truly wanted HG w/ the grey interior, I would have been pleased with multiple color choices (interior and exterior). And, with each car I have seen, in person is even better than pictures or video!!