• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help! Wheels and tires concerns

Raz92

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guys I need your help. I'm thinking to change the stock rims+tires on a G70 3.3T SPORT for winter with a square part of 19' 5x114.3 +35 offset on which I want to install a pair of Continental DWS 06 all season which I used last winter on my previous car and I'm scared that the difference between the stock tires and the Dws 06 which are 235 35 r19 would be to much and I will have problems with the direction and traction of the car. I would really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Going from 225 to 235 isn't that much of a difference.

Many SUVs are 245.

I ran 235/40R18 (Winter) versus 235 35 19 (Summer) on a previous car and there were not any issues for me.

The DWS 06 is at the top for its category in the winter. Do keep in mind its Ultra High Performance All Season so as a category they are not going to be prioritized for winter ability.

Your 35 series might be an issue for deeper stuff as that is pretty low profile. Also, in the winter darkness, have such a low profile will tire is going to be more risky dealing with potholes.

Raz92

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That was my concern, the tire difference between the stock and the ones I have left over from my Audi s3 which I drove in the winter time using the DWS tires and to be honest I didnt have any issues. Too much hussle changing the tires from the stock rims to winter ones which I should buy brand new I dont want to wreck the stock wheels as well.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wouldn't want to waste your DWS tires either. Use them up with a set of 19" winter rims and then you can go Sottozero 3 225 45 19 to get the stock wheel diameter again, plus fill-up of some of the wheel gap that you will have with 235 35 19.

To me, every aftermarket 18" wheel looks on the small side. 19s will look better when if you get 225 45 19 winter tires but the negative is the danger of pot holes and the cost per tire is so much more expensive when you jump from say a Sottozero 3 18 to Sotterero 3 19s.

Raz92

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's what I'm thinking too. I will keep the stock rims plus tires for summer only and in will buy winter wheels which I already found and then I can use the DWS on the rims and install them for winter use only. That's my plan.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wouldn't want to waste your DWS tires either. Use them up with a set of 19" winter rims and then you can go Sottozero 3 225 45 19 to get the stock wheel diameter again, plus fill-up of some of the wheel gap that you will have with 235 35 19.

To me, every aftermarket 18" wheel looks on the small side. 19s will look better when if you get 225 45 19 winter tires but the negative is the danger of pot holes and the cost per tire is so much more expensive when you jump from say a Sottozero 3 18 to Sotterero 3 19s.
I made a mistake above regarding the stock tire size. I should be 225 40 19. I mistakenly said it's 45 series which would be too much diameter.

Which 19" rims are you thinking about if you don't mind me asking?

I have the default factory 5 star winter 18" rims and I'm not too fond of them. They are too silver.

I just looked at the options at 225 40 19 (original stock diameter size) for winter tires and the selection is limited. You can't get a regular winter tire like a Michelin X-ice. They all seem to be performance orientated which makes sense given the low profile 40 series.

Raz92

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
These are the rims that I want my DWS06 to install on : AZZ951VGM and I tried selling the tires but i will lose a lot of money on them so that why i decided to only buy the rims because those tires i only used for 6 months i think.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
These are the rims that I want my DWS06 to install on : AZZ951VGM and I tried selling the tires but i will lose a lot of money on them so that why i decided to only buy the rims because those tires i only used for 6 months i think.
Thanks for sharing. I have looked at so many rims but your choice is right at the top as far as looks are concerned in my opinion. Your winter setup is going to look SWEET!

I never heard of these rims but looked it up. I guess they supply Canadian Tire.

The style is close or the same to one of the styles in Work Wheels "Emotion" range. I looked at Work Wheels but they are just too expensive.

One benefit is that it looks like the AZZ951VGM is a direct fit for the G70 whereas almost every other aftermarket wheel will require hub rings.

Raz92

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes exactly! It took me long hours of searching for the exact wheels that will fit perfectly. Now I just hope everything I'll be alright once I swamp the stock tires with these ones hopefully this coming week because the temperature its dropping and snow its expected soon so I have to be prepared.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums