• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Here’s The 2023 Genesis GV60

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Here it is…
9CE41BEF-70AC-4BA3-A7DC-E9206B8EF5A1.jpeg
17570D1F-1A80-4B9F-9993-B5E0DBBF6937.jpeg
11A720BE-8338-4B6C-8524-77225B326FE7.jpeg

Genesis officially revealed exterior and interior images of the GV60, the brand's first electric vehicle based on dedicated EV platform.

The Genesis GV60 is based on its dedicated EV platform known as E-GMP (Electric-Global Modular Platform), marking the brand's move towards electrification.

The "G" in GV60 represents Genesis, while the "V" represents the vehicle's versatility. The number '60' is the lowest in the Genesis lineup and comes as the brand evolves its model-naming scheme to fit their unique design identity of 'Athletic Elegance.' Lower numbers will emphasize athleticism under the scheme, with elegance represented by higher numbers. Based on this system, the GV60 is Genesis' most athletic model yet.

The Genesis GV60's exterior design highlights its high-performance image along with a dynamic and smooth appearance. Genesis delivers its signature design experience to the GV60's body, bringing the sleek silhouette drivers have come to expect from the brand.

The front of the GV60 features a design optimized exclusively for the electric vehicle. The iconic and progressive Two-Line Quad Lamps add character to a refined and voluminous body. A wider and more athletic Crest Grille has been placed below the Quad Lamps to emphasize the dynamic performance of the GV60 and also to increase the cooling efficiency of the high-voltage batteries in the underbody.

The Genesis GV60 will also see a new wing emblem applied to the grille, with thickness of the emblem reduced by nearly 80 percent from previous models. It features the same unique Guilloché pattern often seen in luxury watches, representing a culmination of Genesis' analog sensitivities with high-tech innovations to create truly luxurious driving experiences.

In addition, Genesis has opted for a 'Clamshell Hood' for the first time, a single panel which combines the hood and fenders, creating a sleek impression for the EV model by removing lines between the parts.

When viewed from the side, the GV60 reveals the smooth and dynamic profile of a high-performance coupe. A simple yet sharp silhouette running from the front hood to the rear spoiler completes a more progressive character.

The chrome line flowing from the windshield to the top of the Daylight Opening (DLO) window extends to a C pillar-garnish design that embodies the image of 'electric', adding a distinctive characteristic to the EV model.

Digital side mirrors add to a cutting-edge appearance, and are connected to the camera and monitor system. Meanwhile, an electric door handle enhances a strikingly futuristic image by automatically popping up when you approach the car.

At the rear, Two Line rear combination lamps take on a dynamic shape and flow seamlessly with the voluminous three-dimensional body. The rear also features a fixed rear wing spoiler to accent a coupe-shaped roof, adding to the image of dynamic high-performance.

Shoulder volume is emphasized in the rear fender to create a low and wide profile and further accentuate the image of high-performance by combining it with technical functions such as various sensors, taillights, and rear turn signals at the bottom.

The interior design of the GV60 takes on Genesis' design ethos of the 'Beauty of White Space,' while seeking to create a spacious and comfortable interior. At the same time, it has embodied differentiated images with its floating architecture and unique details.

The most noticeable feature in Genesis GV60's interior design is the Crystal Sphere, a sphere-shaped Shift By Wire (SBW) that intuitively informs drivers when the vehicle is ready to drive.

The Crystal Sphere is one of the most compelling design elements of the Genesis GV60. When the vehicle is turned off, the Crystal Sphere becomes the vehicle's mood lights, adding to the aesthetic of the driving experience. When you're ready to drive, the sphere rotates and the SBW appears, creating an indoor atmosphere of futuristic mobility.

The Crystal Sphere is not just a key element of the interior design, but also provides emotional connection with driver while indicating driving status.

The floating console, where the Crystal Sphere is located, looks as if it is hovering in the air, working with other unique features such as the slim cockpit and flat floor to provide passengers with a maximum level of openness.

The crash pad inside the GV60 is designed in a wide and slim shape to augment the pleasant interior, emphasizing a high-tech atmosphere with a wide-screen integrated indicator (cclC, connected car Integrated Cockpit) that connects with the cluster and AVNT (audio, video, navigation, telecommunication).

The Genesis GV60 has also epitomized the uniformity of interior design by applying circular details to Crystal Sphere, the horn cover, door handles, and side mirror controllers.

mlee

Registered Member
You can tell it's based on the Ioniq & EV6, and not the Genesis vehicles. Visual design doesn't work for me but I love everything else branded Genesis.

Specs look great as an EV though.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Here it is…
I do like the rims and overall lines of the vehicle, especially the unique "triangle" element (for want of a better term) that gives the illusion of wrapping the rear window with the sides. Not loving that exterior color; looks like my dog's vomit on a bad day. The interior is just plain yuck; doesn't come together for me at all.

carljr101

Hasn't posted much yet...
I like the Kia EV6 GT looks, power and interior design as opposed to the Genesis GV60 overall look and design. Still a nice looking EV, but it could’ve been so much better. IN MY OPINION

db2022

Registered Member
I have to say the kia ev6 gt looks in and out better than the gv60. Seems like once again, Genesis has trouble designing a steering wheel

alpine ken

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It took several times looking at this GV60 front and rear picture to start to like it. I would prefer to see this in a less controversial colour. It actually looks quite small compared to the ionic 5 and EV6. Maybe just an illusion. My wife says the interior looks way too busy ... Anyone else feel this? Would Love also to see other interior colors or combinations.I,m sure other pics will be shown reasonably soon. I have a deposit on a tesla model Y but need more info on this gv60 before knowing whether I will pass on the Tesla and go to the genesis.....Car makers all scrambling and cant produce quick enough with the chip shortage

Backslack

Registered Member
It actually looks quite small compared to the ionic 5 and EV6. Maybe just an illusion.
I think it is marginally smaller. The GV60 designation means it'll be smaller than the GV70. Ioniq 5 and EV6 are both the same size as the GV70, larger in fact if you measure the wheelbase. GV60's wheelbase looks short by comparison, which is probably also why it looks so bubbly and stubby compared to the larger Hyundai/Kia cousins.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Official site...

Reveal will be late Sep 1st (EST)...

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It will actually be a 2023 model in the USA (and probably Canada)...

NYSpur

Getting familiar with the group...
Does anyone have a sense of what is a realistic delivery date. Following all the iterations of the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis siblings and it is hard to make out when they will actually be available, especially with the supply line issues. Hyundai was Fall, is now Winter. GV60 is Spring. But what does "Spring" really mean? ;)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Does anyone have a sense of what is a realistic delivery date. Following all the iterations of the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis siblings and it is hard to make out when they will actually be available, especially with the supply line issues. Hyundai was Fall, is now Winter. GV60 is Spring. But what does "Spring" really mean? ;)
Given the current state of the auto industry it means "hopefully before end of summer"

As an example, bought a recliner from a local store that advertises "Buy today, Deliver tomorrow" Tomorrow was five months. They did tell me it was not in stock and could be a few weeks.

redneck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
how come we have more info on a 2023 gv60 than a 2022 gv80