• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HID kit in stock halogen housing

Jfaden23

Hasn't posted much yet...
Merced
Does this work and still look clean? I'm browsing for "kits", ideally for low and high beams, and my first reaction to google was "wow that's cheap..." when you can get a kit for $77. I have the basic coupe 3.8, does the stock housing actually project HID properly? I don't mind a few stray light beams here and there on a garage door, but ideally I'm looking for crisp clean lines of light. Has anybody upgraded and been completely in love using stock housing, or were you disappointed with the end result.

dougmcp

Been here awhile...
Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have not seen the inside of your fixture but all the halogen projectors I have seen have the cutoff plate inside the fixture. You can simply do the conversion with a quality kit. Ideal color is 4300K (OEM) and nothing over 5000K after that they turn a slight blue and you lose definition in wet weather. HID's are about twice as bright as the original halogens.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums