Himalayan grey cancelled

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Trying to trade my 2020 G70 in on a 2022 and wanted to go back to Himalayan Grey like my 2019 was (2020 is Mallorca Blue and turns out I am not a fan) and I was told they are all sold out and the color has been cancelled. Apparently the replacement color is Malaku Grey. Problem is they don't have an example and I am having trouble finding an image online. Anyone heard about this or have an image of this color?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Trying to trade my 2020 G70 in on a 2022 and wanted to go back to Himalayan Grey like my 2019 was (2020 is Mallorca Blue and turns out I am not a fan) and I was told they are all sold out and the color has been cancelled. Apparently the replacement color is Malaku Grey. Problem is they don't have an example and I am having trouble finding an image online. Anyone heard about this or have an image of this color?
Only thing I found was black and white.

LanceP

Registered Member
Phoenix, AZ
I recently saw that on the Korean website. I don't know if it's just me, but it looks a shade darker. I'm sure if they did indeed change the paint, they may rename it for the US at a later date. I'll keep that on my radar.

1626457947330.png

Ente

Registered Member
Woodridge, IL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In the states Himalayan Gray is fairly common on the 2022's. I'm assuming they limited option availability in Canada possibly?

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Himalayan Grey is still an option on the Canadian site and there were lots in stock a month ago but they have all been sold and you can't actually order it anymore. Just the Malaku Grey which isn't showing up online and the dealer said they have no photos.

That one photo does look a bit darker but hard to tell. I need to see some more pics before I can decide. Might just order one and see how it looks when it comes in and decide then.

jonnyroastbeef

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have a 3 month old 2021 3.3t Himalayan Grey I’m thinking about selling. I’m in Calgary. Grey was the wrong colour for me and now I need something bigger.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry, had a 2019 and 2020, not interested in a 2021. 2022 at least has some changes.

LanceP

Registered Member
Phoenix, AZ
Still planning on picking one up or waiting?
I plan on waiting. I don’t know if you’ve been watching any of the new Genesis G70 USA video uploads on YouTube but they’ve been using a Launch Edition and a Red Sport Prestige for their demos. The Red Sport Prestige has the 3D gauge cluster(calibrated in mph) and a power trunk lid. I always suspected that those 2 features will be available at a later date. So fingers crossed! Also, I’m not paying sticker or any markup for a G70 will LESS features than the 2021 model. I’ll patiently wait. :)

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners