• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

His Mach E v Her GV60

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
We picked up the GV60 for my wife today. So far we’re very happy with it. It’s definitely more luxurious than my Mach E, but that’s to be expected. We wanted to wait for the RWD GV60, but we’re not complaining about the AWD. We’re just going to use the Mach E for longer trips. 8A01D23A-1285-4E74-844D-F7068EC61BDA.jpeg

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice! I look forward to hearing how you like each car and how they compare.

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
which one runs faster??
The GV60 for sure but that’s based on which Mach E we have. We have the RWD extended battery which gives up some power for range. Plus we have the GV60 advanced so if we hate the Mach E GT it would run faster.

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
Nice! I look forward to hearing how you like each car and how they compare.
Definitely looking forward to noticing the differences. First “long trip” in the GV60 will be Saturday from LA to San Diego. So it’ll be nice to see how it compares.

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
What are you doing for charging? I see a couple outlets below the panel, but no chargers.
Using our Mach E level 2 travel charger. It just plugs in to either outlet. That should be enough combined with the Level 2 charger we have in our community.

kqian111

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Using our Mach E level 2 travel charger. It just plugs in to either outlet. That should be enough combined with the Level 2 charger we have in our community.
Which dealer did you pick this up from? Any markups?

goldentoque

Registered Member
We picked up the GV60 for my wife today. So far we’re very happy with it. It’s definitely more luxurious than my Mach E, but that’s to be expected. We wanted to wait for the RWD GV60, but we’re not complaining about the AWD. We’re just going to use the Mach E for longer trips. View attachment 46251
Wouldn’t the faster charging of the gv60 make up for any mileage benefits of the Mach E?

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
Wouldn’t the faster charging of the gv60 make up for any mileage benefits of the Mach E?
Yes if we were able to find a 350 kWh charger. Those aren’t readily available though and I personally haven’t come across one. However the time difference between a normal 150 kWH shouldn’t make up for the range difference.

kqian111

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes if we were able to find a 350 kWh charger. Those aren’t readily available though and I personally haven’t come across one. However the time difference between a normal 150 kWH shouldn’t make up for the range difference.
They are typically along major interstates out of urban areas. I agree it still doesn't make up the difference of longer range since making more frequent stops cuts down on any benefits of shorter charging times

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
They are typically along major interstates out of urban areas. I agree it still doesn't make up the difference of longer range since making more frequent stops cuts down on any benefits of shorter charging times
I did some math, and it appears that the GV60 would be faster overall.

I assumed a 110 km/h driving speed and that each vehicle is running from 80% to 10% and recharging to 80%. Both Ford and Genesis advertise 10-80% charge times, which makes the math here easier.

The longest range Mach E is advertised with a 505km range and a 45 minute charge time 10-80%. Using 70% of the battery gets you 354km in 3.2 hours, then you need to stop for 0.75 hours to recharge. This results in 354km travelled every 4 hours - for a 89km/h average.

The GV60 Perf AWD has a 378km range and 18 minute charge time 10-80%. Using 70% of the battery gets you 265km in 2.4 hours, then a 0.3 hour stop to recharge. This results in 265km every 2.7 hours - an average of 98km/h.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
I did some math, and it appears that the GV60 would be faster overall.

I assumed a 110 km/h driving speed and that each vehicle is running from 80% to 10% and recharging to 80%. Both Ford and Genesis advertise 10-80% charge times, which makes the math here easier.

The longest range Mach E is advertised with a 505km range and a 45 minute charge time 10-80%. Using 70% of the battery gets you 354km in 3.2 hours, then you need to stop for 0.75 hours to recharge. This results in 354km travelled every 4 hours - for a 89km/h average.

The GV60 Perf AWD has a 378km range and 18 minute charge time 10-80%. Using 70% of the battery gets you 265km in 2.4 hours, then a 0.3 hour stop to recharge. This results in 265km every 2.7 hours - an average of 98km/h.
That’s not a fair comparison as you're comparing charging speeds using a 350 kWh charger and 150 kWh charger. Genesis advertised their speed using a 350 kWh charger. As I mentioned those aren’t as common as a 150 kWh chargers and I personally haven’t come across them. If you want a fair comparison you’d need the GV60 charging speed for a 150 kWh charger.

kqian111

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That’s not a fair comparison as you're comparing charging speeds using a 350 kWh charger and 150 kWh charger. Genesis advertised their speed using a 350 kWh charger. As I mentioned those aren’t as common as a 150 kWh chargers and I personally haven’t come across them. If you want a fair comparison you’d need the GV60 charging speed for a 150 kWh charger.
If you filter for 350kwh chargers in ABRP, there are plenty in Socal, especially along major hwys where you need them the most. Also many WMT parking lots have them.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year

Those numbers are based on the capabilities of each vehicle. They‘re not meant to be what any one particular driver may experience.
PlugShare shows 10 350kw chargers within range of my home.

Rychu04

Genesis Model Year
We picked up the GV60 for my wife today. So far we’re very happy with it. It’s definitely more luxurious than my Mach E, but that’s to be expected. We wanted to wait for the RWD GV60, but we’re not complaining about the AWD. We’re just going to use the Mach E for longer trips. View attachment 46251
I have a grabber blue on reservation, but I’m sure it will come next year with the halt of production

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those numbers are based on the capabilities of each vehicle. They‘re not meant to be what any one particular driver may experience.
PlugShare shows 10 350kw chargers within range of my home.
Hmmm ... Our son must be lousy at finding these. He drives a Rivian (and works for them), which can also charge at a pretty high rate (supposedly 220kw on a DC fast charger - this is quite a bit less than the 350 obviously). He lives in Newport Beach and works in Irvine. He has a hard time finding any (working) chargers with this kind of capability. He's found a couple at a hotel and keeps the location secret because he's afraid it will become too popular.
Is it possible that many of the chargers you find on this app are Tesla-only?

Minbari

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Hmmm ... Our son must be lousy at finding these. He drives a Rivian (and works for them), which can also charge at a pretty high rate (supposedly 220kw on a DC fast charger - this is quite a bit less than the 350 obviously). He lives in Newport Beach and works in Irvine. He has a hard time finding any (working) chargers with this kind of capability. He's found a couple at a hotel and keeps the location secret because he's afraid it will become too popular.
Is it possible that many of the chargers you find on this app are Tesla-only?
In a lot of areas 350 kW charging is pretty common, especially along highways or interstates. In Irvine there's a handful of EVGo stations and EA stations - of course reliability is the #1 problem plaguing these networks across North America right now. Those in Irvine are spread across 5 locations with 20+ actual charging stations built up. That said I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of those on any given day were having some issue with hardware, handshaking with the car, etc.

KyleCope21

Genesis Model Year
In a lot of areas 350 kW charging is pretty common, especially along highways or interstates. In Irvine there's a handful of EVGo stations and EA stations - of course reliability is the #1 problem plaguing these networks across North America right now. Those in Irvine are spread across 5 locations with 20+ actual charging stations built up. That said I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of those on any given day were having some issue with hardware, handshaking with the car, etc.
On our way to and from SD, taking the 15 south and coming back on the 5 north, we stopped at two EA locations with 350 kw chargers. One was in Murietta and the other in Oceanside. Unfortunately neither of their 350 kw chargers worked. At least in Oceanside our GV60 was pulling 170-180 kw on a 150 kw charger to our surprise from 35-80%