HMAservice.com Completely Useless

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
Is it just me, or is that website completely useless on any modern browser??

I have tried it in chrome...doesn't work. Tried it in firefox...doesn't work. It wants IE or Netscape or some shit like that.

What a crock.

/rant

[EDIT] There's no need for stereotypical insults on these boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmo51

Been here awhile...
Brea, CA
Is it just me, or is that website completely useless on any modern browser??

I have tried it in chrome...doesn't work. Tried it in firefox...doesn't work. It wants IE or Netscape or some shit like that.

What a crock.

/rant

Whoa there

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
HMA stands for Hyundai Motors America, so not so sure the website was built in Asia. There are a lot of websites that only work work with IE, especially since it was designed for use by dealers, and not really for the consumers.

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
Who in the world is using IE anymore?!?! When my company gets a request to build an IE only website, we will turn them away. Same thing should have happened here, that's all I'm saying.

IE is antiquated and really shouldn't even be in production anymore. I know very VERY few people who use it for anything other than downloading chrome or firefox.

That is all :)

DominicJE

Been here awhile...
I guess they need me to build it for them to work properly in ALL browsers :D

Ruissimo

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I find their website to be very SLOW, but it does work -- using Firefox or Chrome. You just have to be patient... as I said, it is very slow.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
I find their website to be very SLOW, but it does work -- using Firefox or Chrome. You just have to be patient... as I said, it is very slow.

Haven' used the website yet but could not agree to the terms of service pop up window using chrome. Only worked in IE. I agree with the OP who uses IE anymore.

SmoovC

Registered Member
Wa. State
Um, I am still using IE..... :cool:

GenesisCaptain

Registered Member
IE is still the #1 or #2 desktop browser of the world's market webshare (source Wikipedia). The market share ranges dramatically, depending on which service is doing the calculating: close 2nd at 27% usage share to #1 at 54% usage share. But IE is still dominant.

I use Firefox on Mac and PC, but IE is the world's reality for now and some time to come.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota

Same here:) Don't understand this issue I guess. IE works great for what I need. Friends share same feeling except one that had Vista, and he used Mozilla since IE would always freeze.

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
To everyone using IE...use chrome for just 2 hours and notice the difference in speed.

The reason IE is the world standard still is because Windows is the world standard still. Bill Gates wont ship anything without having IE as a goddamn system file.

My windows 8 came with IE that runs 10% SLOWER than IE on windows 7. For comparison purposes, Chrome runs 9% faster on Win8 than Win7 which is almost 30% faster than IE....

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY

In Chrome or Firefox I am immediately bumped to an Error screen when attempting to log in.

zeuswsu

Hasn't posted much yet...
To everyone using IE...use chrome for just 2 hours and notice the difference in speed.

The reason IE is the world standard still is because Windows is the world standard still. Bill Gates wont ship anything without having IE as a goddamn system file.

My windows 8 came with IE that runs 10% SLOWER than IE on windows 7. For comparison purposes, Chrome runs 9% faster on Win8 than Win7 which is almost 30% faster than IE....

Eh...since IE 9 your average user isn't going to notice those speed differences. I'm a network admin where I work and am forced to use all 4 of the major browsers depending on what computer I'm working on and I don't really notice much of a difference. With that said I HATE safari for no real reason at all so I guess I can't really blame you for hating a browser in particular. I also use chrome at home so can't argue with you there either :D

Potty_Pants

Been here awhile...

I work in IT and I still use IE.

websites should be useable with firefox at least... which it is as one user pointed out just slow.

ppp

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
I love the number of IT people we have here! Makes me feel more at home with my inner nerd :grouphug:

Anyone else dual booting OS's?

Anyway, back on topic. I would love to use HMAservice, but I find IE9 to be cumbersome at best. I run Chrome for everything and don't expect to change that anytime soon (they kinda got me by the gonads)

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Just used the HMAservice website for the first time. Navigation isn't that bad but I cant find what I'm looking for. A lot of sections seem to be missing and its not broken down like I'm used to. Is there not a way to download the whole FSM (Factory Service Manual) In PDF form? Only thing i could find is the owners manual for download which isn't helpful.

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
Twas me!!! I heart Google Chrome. IE is such junk compared to Chome lol.

Also, I am going to see if I can bootleg the FSM tonight. If so, I'll host it and share it via a link

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums