Homelink stopped working

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, it worked fine this AM but now wont transmit. Tried the relearn, etc, but appears to not be transmitting or receiving. Fuses look fine. Ideas?

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
So, it worked fine this AM but now wont transmit. Tried the relearn, etc, but appears to not be transmitting or receiving. Fuses look fine. Ideas?
same happen to me, we replaced the mirror . The mirror assy should be under warranty.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
same happen to me, we replaced the mirror . The mirror assy should be under warranty.
So, not only is homelink not working, neither is the dimming feature. Also, I keep getting a message that my car needs to be turned on due to battery usage. The car is on. I also cant access the climate control or car settings from the menue because the car needs to be running. It is running.

I found a blown fuse for a module, replaced it, but still not working. Damn electrical issues with 5k miles. Ugh

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
So, not only is homelink not working, neither is the dimming feature. Also, I keep getting a message that my car needs to be turned on due to battery usage. The car is on. I also cant access the climate control or car settings from the menue because the car needs to be running. It is running.

I found a blown fuse for a module, replaced it, but still not working. Damn electrical issues with 5k miles. Ugh
Yeah that warning message is pretty standard these days. 99% sure it's a faulty mirror

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah that warning message is pretty standard these days. 99% sure it's a faulty mirror
Ok, as much as I hate to do it, I'll have to take it to the dealer. Ugh, hopefully the car will come out in one piece. Thanks.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Car has been at the dealership for a week. The fuse that was blowing is a circuit that powers 5 separate modules. They had to do process of elimination. Turns out it is a short in my passenger side headlight circuit card. Wtf?! Lol

They have a new $2000 headlight assembly on order. Hoping to get the car back in one piece in about another week.

They gave me a 3.3T Prestige loaner.

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
Car has been at the dealership for a week. The fuse that was blowing is a circuit that powers 5 separate modules. They had to do process of elimination. Turns out it is a short in my passenger side headlight circuit card. Wtf?! Lol

They have a new $2000 headlight assembly on order. Hoping to get the car back in one piece in about another week.

They gave me a 3.3T Prestige loaner.
wow, thats interesting.

stuparker

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just had my G70 in for the Homelink. I was told that the issue may be my garage door having "two way communication". I have to create a case with Homelink tomorrow and there are apparently steps to do in order to step up a opener that has this feature. We'll see.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just had my G70 in for the Homelink. I was told that the issue may be my garage door having "two way communication". I have to create a case with Homelink tomorrow and there are apparently steps to do in order to step up a opener that has this feature. We'll see.
You didn't happen to change the bulb in the opener? People have had problems with LED bulbs. You may want to check antenna position too.

stuparker

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You didn't happen to change the bulb in the opener? People have had problems with LED bulbs. You may want to check antenna position too.
No change with the bulb. There's actually a Genesis service bulletin. I'll see what Homelink suggests.

stuparker

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you do have a garage door that offers two-way communication (e.g. Liftmaster) then there's an extra step that you need to do once you program the remote . Within 1 minute of programming you need to press the learn button on the back of the door opener. If you don't, the service bulletin states that the car will lose the connectivity after 10 opening/closings.

There's a video on the homelink site about what this two-way communication feature provides (HomeLink).

We'll see if that fixes the issue for good.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Keep us informed. My garage opener has the learn button (genie) and my homelink worked fine for the first 6 months. A few months ago homelink stopped working on my primary garage and has worked fine using button #3 on homelink while communicating with a craftsman opener at another house that does not have the learn function. Have not gotten around to reprogramming my homelink yet. When I had my Infiniti with homelink it never once lost ability to open my same Genie opener in 9 years of car ownership.

stuparker

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A
Keep us informed. My garage opener has the learn button (genie) and my homelink worked fine for the first 6 months. A few months ago homelink stopped working on my primary garage and has worked fine using button #3 on homelink while communicating with a craftsman opener at another house that does not have the learn function. Have not gotten around to reprogramming my homelink yet. When I had my Infiniti with homelink it never once lost ability to open my same Genie opener in 9 years of car ownership.
Will do. There was another part of the bulletin that discussed that some LED lightbulbs can cause issues with the homelink. I also have other cars which haven't lost the connection, but apparently not all car mirrors with Homelink are alike.

stuparker

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you do have a garage door that offers two-way communication (e.g. Liftmaster) then there's an extra step that you need to do once you program the remote . Within 1 minute of programming you need to press the learn button on the back of the door opener. If you don't, the service bulletin states that the car will lose the connectivity after 10 opening/closings.

There's a video on the homelink site about what this two-way communication feature provides (HomeLink).

We'll see if that fixes the issue for good.
I said I would keep you all informed if this fix work. It has. Beautifully. I have had no issues since I trained the garage door and then took that extra step of pressing the learn button on the back of the door opener unit.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums