• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Houston Area Genesis meet?

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey folks, I've been wanting to attend a Genesis meet for some time and since no one else is having one, maybe it's time to make one? At this point just see point I'd like to see how much interest there is...

I was thinking somewhere near the Woodlands because of the opportunities for folks to do other things if they wished, but I'd be open to other locations as well.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Thanks folks! I am keeping an eye on this thread to see how many people are interested, so if you've got a passive interest, please chime in. My goal is a turnout of at least 10 (Sedan or Coupe), but the catch-22 with parking-lot sizing means kinda means you have to know how many in advance are going to come. Please subscribe to this thread, hopefully when we get a handful or so that's enough to firm up the date and location.

Koolhaas

Registered Member
Houston
The more central, the better. I was in a VW group that would try to meet outside the loops sometimes, and it never really worked.

The FreeBirds near Sheppard and 59 is a good place. The VW guys couldn't make that one happen because most of the guys cars were pretty slammed, but for normal height cars, it's not an issue.

the most successful place was Fudruckers on 59 near Weslayan. Always plenty of parking. The VW guys out-grew that location so it's freed up now.

Warrior

Hasn't posted much yet...
I just purchased and I'm interested.

I'm in Magnolia.

kn5owa

Sustaining Member
I'm in Northern Virginia (From Big H.) and interested (very) What dates? And where? Maybe Hermann Park?

I'm gonna park in front of the Galleria (next to the CheeseCake Factory) with my Genny 5.0.

Have to compete with the Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Jag's etc., as usual.

Oh Well, that's big H.

See Ya, Need details.

TheDr9669

Registered Member
So, the weather has been getting nicer as of late. As of now we have people towards the Woodlands, Katy, Austin, and Houston, and a couple who didn't say. It sounds like the north west side would be best. (Gawd how I hate 290!)
So lets get some input on venue, week or weekend, morning, afternoon, evening, or night. And if anyone has any location ideas lets hear them.

I propose the Twin Peaks on 290 near NW Central Dr. Sometime early afternoon, like 13:00 or 14:00, on Saturday 10-24-2015.

Gozar

Registered Member
Boise, ID
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So, the weather has been getting nicer as of late. As of now we have people towards the Woodlands, Katy, Austin, and Houston, and a couple who didn't say. It sounds like the north west side would be best. (Gawd how I hate 290!)
So lets get some input on venue, week or weekend, morning, afternoon, evening, or night. And if anyone has any location ideas lets hear them.

I propose the Twin Peaks on 290 near NW Central Dr. Sometime early afternoon, like 13:00 or 14:00, on Saturday 10-24-2015.
I'm in.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Can't do it on the 24th, but I encourage others to try to make the 24th! It's more consensus than has been gathered thus far :).

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
bummer, i'll be in Houston this weekend for a wedding with the genesis!
Ah man that sucks; I'd love to see your car. What part of town will you be in?

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Alright folks, how about meeting this Saturday the 17th at 9:30am at Rudy's in Jersey Village? I don't mean to derail TheDr9669 request to meet on the 24th, but personally I'd really like to see Huddleston's car in person. I realize it's not inside 610, but it's nevertheless just inside the Beltway and relatively easy to get to for anyone coming from Austin.

Here are the proposed details:
Saturday, October 17th at 9:30am
Rudy's BBQ in Jersey Village
14620 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040

I'll try to get there at approximately 9:00am and I'll be driving a White 2nd Gen. Come have some BBQ and meet other Genesis owners. First gen, Genesis Coupes, you're welcome as well!

bobshine

Registered Member
Wimberley, TX
I think the idea of a Genesis meet is a great one. I'd rather see a weekend
event with a nice drive on Saturday laid out. The wife and I used to belong to a Miata Club and really enjoyed the meets. Best one was a several day trip to Big Bend country out in West Texas. Great driving.

I don't think we'd do a Houston area (we lived there for 35 years), but love the idea.

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
I organize several road events each year that link together great driving roads and track time. We stay in different cities and the events are always a great time. Maybe sometime in the future I can organize something similar for the group.

For such short notice I am thankful for Aquineas putting this together. Its always nice put faces with usernames and get some nice pictures!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums