Hey folks, I'm looking for a decent tire and wheel shop in the Houston metro area, preferably one that uses nitrogen for the tires and offers a road hazard warranty. Does anyone have any recommendations?
How about Costco? They use nitrogen, have free 7500 mile rotations, and free road hazard warranty (which I used once while on vacation in another state). From now until end of February, you get $70 off on 4 Michelin tires. They usually rotate this deal with Bridgestone, so probably $70 off Bridgestone starting March 1.
Costco Membership dues for one year is $55, if not already a member.
Cool thanks for the heads up. I've previously bought from Costco; I dunno why I didn't think of it. They don't carry Continental tires in the sizes I'm looking for, so I'm going to have to custom-order from elsewhere.
I did in my search find a local tire shop which does it as well; I have no experience with them personally, I found them by reaching out to the wheel manufacturer for the wheels I want. They are http://www.montrosetw.com/. Again I am not personally recommending nor barraging these guys as I have no experience with them, so please go with your own judgement.
Loves the Costco Road Hazard Warranty....have had to use it on two tires for my teenagers's car in the last 6 months (she has a habit of narrow turns, and has hit her rear tires on the curb resulting in blow outs). Hassle free...and teenager friendly
I ended up going to Discount Tire for the following reasons:
1. They had the wheels and tires I wanted in the sizes I wanted available for order (as opposed to Tirerack, which surprisingly was much more limited)
2. They did on-the-spot price-matching with online retailers
3. They offer a road-hazard warranty
4. They had a rebate thing going on saving me almost $200
5. One-stop shopping for tires and wheels (I was going to have to buy each in different locations)
They don't have the option to fill the tires with nitrogen