How do I "un-mute" my stereo?

Dr_jitsu

Getting familiar with the group...
Sugar Land Tx
I got into my Equus to drive home last night, and the stereo was on mute. There was the speaker w/ an x over it indicating mute status.

However I cannot find the mute button. I am going to go check my owners manual, but any help is appreciated.

budkole

Getting familiar with the group...
I think you just turn the volum up:confused: I remember doing that and couldn't find the mute button....if I remember right, I just turn the knob

mikec

Registered Member
SoCal
Unless things have changed since I bought my car (2009 Genesis Sedan V8/Tech so I have the earliest Genesis Lexicon stereo installation) there is no "mute" button. The X'ed-out road+speaker icon on the display means the navigation system's voice is muted. That's an option by going to the map display, pushing the DIS knob down, and using the options to select Voice On/Off. Or use the voice command and say "Guidance voice on"

There is also a microphone mute function for Bluetooth linked cell phones in the cell phone page.

mike c.

jake the snake

Been here awhile...
Unless things have changed since I bought my car (2009 Genesis Sedan V8/Tech so I have the earliest Genesis Lexicon stereo installation) there is no "mute" button. The X'ed-out road+speaker icon on the display means the navigation system's voice is muted. That's an option by going to the map display, pushing the DIS knob down, and using the options to select Voice On/Off. Or use the voice command and say "Guidance voice on"

There is also a microphone mute function for Bluetooth linked cell phones in the cell phone page.

mike c.
Exact :cool:

Billymax

Hasn't posted much yet...
Akron, Ohio
I got into my Equus to drive home last night, and the stereo was on mute. There was the speaker w/ an x over it indicating mute status.

However I cannot find the mute button. I am going to go check my owners manual, but any help is appreciated.
There is no mute in the front but there is one in the back center council but I don't think that is your problem. There is a glitch in the head unit programming and I have experienced it as well. If you open the fuse box door on the driver side dash board there is a big yellow fuse in there. Pull it out and push it back in. That will reboot the head unit and the sound will come back on. Hyundai is aware of this programming issue but has not come up with a fix for it. Many service tech's have replaced the entire system and weren't aware that this will fix it immediately. I would still report it to your service department for warrantee purposes and get a free fix when Hyundai comes out with it.

G-231418

Thank You!! This fixed my speakers not working on 2012 Genesis. Billymax is Awesome!!
Thank you as well. Fixed the problem on my wife’s 2013 Equus. Hope this helps others

G-354483

There is no mute in the front but there is one in the back center council but I don't think that is your problem. There is a glitch in the head unit programming and I have experienced it as well. If you open the fuse box door on the driver side dash board there is a big yellow fuse in there. Pull it out and push it back in. That will reboot the head unit and the sound will come back on. Hyundai is aware of this programming issue but has not come up with a fix for it. Many service tech's have replaced the entire system and weren't aware that this will fix it immediately. I would still report it to your service department for warrantee purposes and get a free fix when Hyundai comes out with it.
I know it's now 2019 but I want to thank you for your post as this help solve a problem that mysteriously came up today on my 2014 Genesis

slvslv

Registered Member
Kansas
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
On the 2013-2016 Equus models, you can alternatively try resetting the audio system by sticking a paper clip in the little pin hole next to the Display button on the face of your radio. This resets and restarts the system. All audio settings revert to factory. All presets cleared. Worth a try if nothing else is helping.

GordyM

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Just had that mute "X" show on my 2012 Genesis today. It's dark now, but going to pull that yellow fuse first thing in the am-and thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.