• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How do you arrange your USB Music

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Friends - whats a good way to organize music files on the USB Drive.
I have folders and mp3 music in the folders

But i find it difficult to jump songs on the car. When i have to jump folders , i have to tap on the Folder in the menu and scroll through several folders.
When a song i playing in a folder , i have to click the LIST option in the screen , then use the dial is move through the list and select another song.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
I have mine organized by year. Basically on Jan 1st of each new year I make a folder called MP3 - 2019 etc.. then dump everything I find this year into that folder.

So I just scroll thru whichever year and then songs.

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
I have mine sorted in folders by artist, then by album. I usually prefer to listen to an album in its entirety, so this way works best for me. It does take a while to scroll through the list of artists, though.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Spotify, Pandora, Google Play are now my USB sticks for music. I remember back in the day when I loaded sticks and cd's with all the music I had and it was such a pain.

Now I just ask my car to play a song or album and in seconds I'm jamming to my tunes,

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

idlemind

Hasn't posted much yet...
Texas
Genesis Model Type
I've been wondering if there is a way to create playlists on the USB drive that the HU will read.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I have folders like Rock / Classic / Folk / Country etc ... i can change from one folder to another at the start of journey and then change songs in that folder while driving using the dial .

However if i start driving in a "Classic" mood , and suddenly feel like listening to Rock music , I have to wait for a red light for me to flip the folder . Bit of a pain .

Other option i was thinking on was Rename all files with prefixing ROCK_ or COUNTRY_ etc in front of them , and then have just no folders at all on the drive. That will give me the dial to flip through hundreds of songs , possibly sorted per Genres.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport