How is your gas mileage?

CanadianGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I think the 2.5T gets pretty good gas mileage. This was about an hour drive on a relatively flat but still hilly highway.

20210903_174808.jpg

How is your gas mileage in your GV80? I'm pleasantly surprised.

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I think the 2.5T gets pretty good gas mileage. This was about an hour drive on a relatively flat but still hilly highway.

View attachment 39461

How is your gas mileage in your GV80? I'm pleasantly surprised.
Google tells me that's 29 mpg. That is pretty darn good!

Orzel

Registered Member
Blaine, Washington
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
4k plus miles now on the GV and overall average is 20.9 MPG

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Drove on I 44 110 miles east with the GV80 Advance Plus 3.5t at 68mph got exactly 27.9 mpg coming back the other direction west at 63mph got 30.1mpg in ECO mode with 93 octane gas. Surprised it did this well? Problem its fun to use those turbos and mpg goes down quick.

wheeling

Registered Member
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just did a road trip, a lot traffic, 400 miles, average 22.9 mpg, right on target, almost.

smiley47

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Cave Creek, Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I was getting low on fuel and with 40 miles remaining the low fuel light came on and also the low fuel icon on the HUD was showing. I had a stop to make before fueling up and when I started back up heading for the gas station, the low fuel icon lit up in the instrument panel but never again on the HUD. I got down to 30 miles remaining when I gassed up but still no HUD icon. Strange.

Sloopy98

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was getting 15mpg with A/C on. With the good weather in the NE, I turned it off and now I am getting 22mpg.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Definitely not it's strong point. 12 mpg around town with a high of 22.9 on long drives but I do enjoy the ride.

Orzel

Registered Member
Blaine, Washington
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
that sounds more like it
The real test is coming up. We're departing northern NW WA for south west UT shortly, will be driving from sea level to over 10k foot altitudes covering WA, OR, ID, through central NV into UT and return. About 3k+ miles. Speed limits in ID and UT are in the 80+ mph ranges. Will post results when we return.

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
My GV80 3.5t Trip from Midwest up to Chicago 489 miles cruise set 79 to 80 returned 23.9 MPG on 93 octane fuel with 5% ethanol content. So impressed with the nice quite ride and the driver assist really makes it easy on you.

G-429483

I was getting 15mpg with A/C on. With the good weather in the NE, I turned it off and now I am getting 22mpg.
Only getting 14mpg. Local driving.

tarradk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Crappy, but not much different than our 3.3t g80, so I expected it and deal with it. Lol I have about 2,000 miles and really just drive to and from work in traffic and to take the kids to school. So maybe 40 miles a day and getting 15mpg. Can’t wait to really take a nice drive.

jfrigo1003

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I just broke the 1000 mile barrier yesterday and im sitting at 19.1 MPG for a Prestige 3.5t. I would say about 60% of my miles are highway

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
1631644336252.png

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Speeder, my mpg is on par with your wonderful chart. My own brain chart sees 20-21 mpg regularly. I get there odd higher numbers with long trips and worse numbers with all city driving. All with 91 octane.

wanabe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I don't drive a car like this for the best mileage I can get... my wife drives it in ECO- I drive it in SPORT... man this thing can get up and go- especially for such a heavy car! I have seen 10mpg and also on the long road around 22 mpg- it really depends on how you drive it. 50mph in ECO it makes sense that it will get decent mileage. 80 MPH with plenty of "foot in it" (or around town with stop and GO!) and not so much MPG!!

CanadianGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I don't drive a car like this for the best mileage I can get... my wife drives it in ECO- I drive it in SPORT... man this thing can get up and go- especially for such a heavy car! I have seen 10mpg and also on the long road around 22 mpg- it really depends on how you drive it. 50mph in ECO it makes sense that it will get decent mileage. 80 MPH with plenty of "foot in it" (or around town with stop and GO!) and not so much MPG!!
I know they are skipping right to EVs but if the GV80 came out with a hybrid I would be all over it.

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Drove from Chicago to Tulsa Hwy MPG was 25.8 with 93 octane Costco gas and cruise set between 75 to 80. Like others have said this is a heavy car (over 5,300 lbs.) and in town it drinks a lot of fuel stop and start but on the hwy it is better than I thought it would be. I now have 3,000 miles on the car the total average is right at 22 MPG. In all that driving I only saw one other GV80.

I have been looking at some other cars like the Acura MDX with all wheel drive and a 3.5 normally aspirated V6 291 hp. It is rated at the same MPG with a lot less power.

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners