How long does it take to go through Buyback/Repurchase process with Hyundai

Thread starter #1

dave123

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi. I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis which like other have problem with Sunroof Rattle. Hyundai has done everything and is now offering to repurchase my car. I want to know how long will this process take?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I would think it will be rather quick, assuming they have given you a price you are OK with, and you accept the offer in writing. But if you want to know because you may purchase a replacement car before the deal is done with Hyundai and before you get the cash, I would ask Hyundai.

Thread starter #4

dave123

Hasn't posted much yet...
It took a while. So many steps but third party Morley they use is very quick. Would not buy another Genesis with Pano roof

- - - Updated - - -

Took 7 weeks for them to repurchase my Sonata. Just keep on them as they tend to go AWOL after starting the process.
Appreciate the reply. It took me like 9 weeks but happy to be out of it. Loved the car but sunroof rattle was not acceptable.

4kids

It took a while. So many steps but third party Morley they use is very quick. Would not buy another Genesis with Pano roof

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate the reply. It took me like 9 weeks but happy to be out of it. Loved the car but sunroof rattle was not acceptable.
How long did it take for Morley to contact you and hand over the vehicle? I have been working with Hyundai since Oct 12th on a repurchase and finally got the settlement agreement Monday Jan 7th. After you handed over the car how long did it take for you to get your settlement check?

RyanB

Getting familiar with the group...
Elmhurst, IL
I got my check the same day I signed the car over to them which was just a few days after they made the offer.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.