How to: Changing the key fob battery (Video)

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Re: Changing the key fob battery

Too bad you didn't read this thread first. You could have done it yourself and had money left over for Starbucks.

warreneaux4

Registered Member
Houston, Tx

Too bad you didn't read this thread first. You could have done it yourself and had money left over for Starbucks.
True enough but I would rather pay the little bit and not scrape, break or mess it up at this point.
Still got a Starbuck, tall, black, regular. No fancy froths for me.
Earl

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

True enough but I would rather pay the little bit and not scrape, break or mess it up at this point.
Still got a Starbuck, tall, black, regular. No fancy froths for me.
Earl
Using a screwdriver to pry it open can deform the plastic seams a little bit, but a little sandpaper makes it like new again.

kn5owa

Sustaining Member

Pull the key out halfway & rotate to open fob shell - no fuss - no muss

See the video in the first post

inisfree

Hasn't posted much yet...

Video worked great, glad I found it here. Thanks for taking the time to post! Regards, Inis

2012 Genesis, 4.6 L V8

landtuna

Registered Member
Sandstorm, AZ
The trick is to remove the key first.

http://youtu.be/uC7iIa6vwAU
DO NOT use this video to change battery. You will break off a tab. Instead, get a small straight blade screwdriver about as wide as the slot near the key hole. Place screwdriver in the slot and twist. Much easier and without risk of breaking the plastic.

Ragnar

Been here awhile...
Yep the correct way to open the fob case leastwise on my 2016 Ultimate is to use the narrow blade screwdriver method, piece a cake!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.