How to enter engineering mode - Genesis 2016 model v6 3.8

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hi all,

Can any one really guide me or help me showing how to enter in to the engineering menu of 2016 Genesis sedan v6 3.8 with 8inch audio screen.

I tried different forums and option couldnt figure out. I have seen that the previous models of genesis and the ones after could go in to the engineering menu. Why could I?

My car is US specs but I am driving in Middle East.

Thanks in advance!

Jebblue

Genesis Model Type
Go to settings and screensaver
now you must tap 7 times quickly..

starting at the left screensaver example tap each graphic from left to right...you just three taps and with no delay tap twice righ to left...you are back where you started and have tapped five times...now two more taps Left to right ending on the far right screen saver example...

Now it will ask fir a password..send me $25 and I’ll tell you what is, or you can just look at the four digit time displayed and use that as the password. 9:15pm should display as 2115

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
Thanks for the reply Jebblue, can you elaborate what do you mean by tap right to left and then left to right?

any video example link of this procedure will be more helpful. Sorry but I couldnt figure out exactly the tapping procedure. Which areas exactly in the screensaver to tap?

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
Well buddy nothing happened so far. Not sure if i am doing anything wrong or may be you or anyone can guide me better?

My Nav Unit details
S/W version is ST.DH.USA.E537.201012

Screen Savers example pictures I tapped as below combination:

Left-Mid-Right-Right-Mid-Left-Right

Can you explain me as per my above example so may be I can understand it better this way and try my luck again!

Much appreciated!

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
he gave you the wrong sequence - it's easy to mess up....
the correct sequence is:
↑↑↓↓←→←→BABA Select Start

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
Hey Jamesalanb whats does these up, down, left, right arrow represents?

Where do I have to run this sequence? Which menu exactly?

Whats BABA Select Start?

Sorry I am a new bee and English is not exactly my first language brother! I am trying to understand and much appreciated you all are a good assistance here!

Jebblue

Genesis Model Type

Here’s what I have. I used this as my source.just coincidence that ran across your question and a YouTube discussion of same. However, I did not test this on my Genesis. Maybe this sequence is really like Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan and starts the Genesis device on a countdown to detonation?

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
he gave you the wrong sequence - it's easy to mess up....
the correct sequence is:

Jamesalanb! How does an Xbox or PS controller sequence will work on my Genesis 2016?

Are we helping each other in this forum or playing around with them 🤔?

Markymark

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
It may not be possible. I have a 2015 with the 8" screen. .

You have to go into the storage menu and tap the bottom left of the screen 5 times, then tap the bottom right side once. That should open up a screen to enter a password. It worked for me but then I got stuck.

I have tried every possible 4 number code I can think of. Variations of the current time, the time in Korea, east coast, west coast, mountain, GMT, Korea, dealership zip, phone #, 1111, 1234, 4321, 5678, 8765, 9876, 6789, 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444, 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888, 9999, and everything suggested in this and other Hyundai forums.

Someone suggested that you may need the GDS.

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
It may not be possible. I have a 2015 with the 8" screen. .

You have to go into the storage menu and tap the bottom left of the screen 5 times, then tap the bottom right side once. That should open up a screen to enter a password. It worked for me but then I got stuck.

I have tried every possible 4 number code I can think of. Variations of the current time, the time in Korea, east coast, west coast, mountain, GMT, Korea, dealership zip, phone #, 1111, 1234, 4321, 5678, 8765, 9876, 6789, 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444, 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888, 9999, and everything suggested in this and other Hyundai forums.

Someone suggested that you may need the GDS.
Firstly thanks let me try and feedback

Secondly whats GDS stands for?

This cracking a 4 digit pin will take 111 hours approx lol saying this being in cybersecurity background

Markymark

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Firstly thanks let me try and feedback

Secondly whats GDS stands for?

This cracking a 4 digit pin will take 111 hours approx lol saying this being in cybersecurity background
GDS is the Hyundai/Kia proprietary tool that lets you talk to the car's modules through the OBD II port.

If you can crack the code, please let me know! All I want to do is turn the steering wheel lines on in my backup camera but I am sure the dtealership will charge me $100 + for this. Not willing to pay $100 for 5 minutes of work.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

That time estimate assumes that the code doesn't change with time or some other factor...

raheelbarlas

Genesis Model Type
That time estimate assumes that the code doesn't change with time or some other factor...
Thats right if the code doesnt change in the said hours then can be cracked else if it changes every couple of seconds or an hour too its a bit more harder to figure out the algorithm...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums