• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How to get the WiFi to work

Tony

Hasn't posted much yet...
How do you get the WiFi to work in the car? Is it free or do you have a subscription to bluelink?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

MikeyTG

Registered Member
Joisey
The Wifi in the G80 is not wifi you can use in the car. Instead it connects to your home wifi, I guess so the car can have a backup path to the internet. I connected it when I got the car, I don't know what it does however. Maybe it's feeding my stuff to the russkies! :)

jsmit86

Registered Member
Elgin, IL
The Wifi in the G80 is not wifi you can use in the car. Instead it connects to your home wifi, I guess so the car can have a backup path to the internet. I connected it when I got the car, I don't know what it does however. Maybe it's feeding my stuff to the russkies! :)
Originally the Genesis supported several connected apps. The Wi-Fi is used to download those. Currently there are a couple of apps that support bluelink, but I don't think the others are currently available. (Pandora, Soundhound, etc...) Smart phones made this unnecessary.

G-720641

I was told by "Customer Care",.. our 2019 G80 Does NOT have WIFI capabilities .?.?.?
guess we thought it did.......guess we though wrong...

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Wifi in 2015 is just there to connect to your house or phone wifi to download limited apps. It's pretty much useless.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

EdP