• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How to maintain interior lighting for a short period after exiting car in garage

myongal

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Had a Lexus and the interior lighting remained on for a few minutes after shut-down. Currently, all interior lighting is off almost immediately after shut-down

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just timed my G80 and the front lights above the console stayed on for 32 seconds after I closed the door.

Not sure I'd want them on any longer. I guess they figure that if you want them on longer, there must be someone in the car, and they can turn them on/off as needed.

If there was an option to turn them off when I closed the door, I'd likely use that. I don't like my headlights on after I closed the door, either. I'd rather lessen the load on the battery where possible, but that's just me.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just noticed the interior lights go off immediately when the car is locked.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes. Turn off engine, light comes on, I get out and close door light stays on for 30 seconds, but if I lock it before it goes off, the lights go off immediately.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums